StriperSurf Forums

StriperSurf Forums (http://stripersurf.com/forums/index.php)
-   OBX and the Carolinas (http://stripersurf.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Doug called it (http://stripersurf.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17912)

giacommin 03-06-2006 09:47 AM

Doug called it

Heavy drum bite at the point over the weekend. Individual catches of +/- 50 puppies were reported with spotted weakies in the mix.

Doug 03-06-2006 01:05 PM

Re: Doug called it

Thanks for the pat on the back giacommin :).

There was one problem I had with this. I WASN'T THERE :(. I probably would have thrown a big jinx on it if I went.

Only rod I had in my hand this weekend . . . . Ohhhh never mind :).

Doug

chrisfish 03-07-2006 12:15 PM

what are the size limits for Drum (if any)?

giacommin 03-07-2006 10:06 PM

In North Carolina the bag limit for red drum is one fish per day between 18" and 27" (total length).

chrisfish 03-08-2006 09:31 AM

thanks for the response

riverfisher 03-12-2006 03:40 PM

Hi doug
How are you and the family. Are you coming up for the bash this year?

Doug 03-14-2006 10:14 PM

Hey riverfisher, good to hear from you :).

I hope you and your family are doing well, hope you've been enjoying life.

The wife and I are planning to attend the Bash, would certainly like to sit with both of you again this time. The family stuff has been getting better, last year was just one of them years to forget yet we have found some positive things in those events and this year is certainly looking like the bottom was reached last year (finally).

I just started a new job Monday that has great potential for quick advancement, my knee has felt better than it has in a long time (the stress was a major factor), and I'm certainly looking forward to much more than the 2 fishing trips I made last year along with a few trips to the golf course which I haven't done in over 2 years. Just getting back out with friends on the Island will certainly be great medicine.

Doug

riverfisher 03-16-2006 05:24 PM

Hey Doug
The famliy is doing well. It sounds like you had a year like I did. I Only made it to the beach once last yr. Things are looking better though.
We woun't be able to make it to the bash this year due to another committment.My 2 boys are very involved in boy scouts. I am a den leader,assistant pack master and assistant troop leader. Our District Dinner is the week before the bash and we can,t afford 2 week in a row.
Will you be coming up for the beating

Doug 03-16-2006 10:57 PM

riverfisher, I think i might give it a try (the beating) this year. I've always reserved that weekend for Assateague as that one can be the best opportunity. However, there will be many more prime times there so I'll do my best to get up there.

I know what you mean with the kids' activities especially the amount of participation the parent does. My kids are no longer children but I always remember when they were, Little League in May meant maybe a day trip or two instead of whole weekends like I would have liked too. Keep up the good work and remember, they'll (the fish) be there next season, year, etc.

Doug