StriperSurf Forums

StriperSurf Forums (http://stripersurf.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, etc (http://stripersurf.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Amazon Prime (http://stripersurf.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540554)

HookI 07-26-2016 03:47 PM

Amazon Prime

Has revolutionized my shopping , saving me more $ on shipping , gasoline traveling from store to store , traffic keeping me off of that horrible Rt 17 . , easy free returns & great customer service .
It really sells everything

Jess 07-26-2016 09:43 PM

Re: Amazon Prime

Yea the wife's kid has that so anything the we need from amazon we get it through her.

RobS 07-27-2016 07:55 AM

I picked it up this year as well, my brother has used it for a while now.

The only thing to keep checking is that for certain items, Amazon does not have the lowest price... in particular certain hobby level things, including sporting goods, electronics and in some cases kids stuff.

So you have to know your real world prices then figure in the shipping differential. Don't just go for "no shipping" and convenience.

Joe 07-27-2016 08:32 AM

I've been on the fence on it, wanting to jump in but,,,, I do order from Amazon but maybe 5,6 times a year. Agree with Rob, you have to shop around first before I order from the big A.
One complement to them, well actually 2.

I ordered a wind faring for my racks from them, actually shipped from their warehouse, if I remember right, and chose free shipping which would have taken awhile, received it next day.

Ordered 2 fishing book both fulfilled by them, for some reason they just did not ship, again chose free shipping. Sent them a note just asking and WALA, they said sorry due to the shipping choice I selected it was how it was... Then they said I would have them overnight, and I did. :headscratch: How the heck can somethings ship so dam fast.

HookI 07-27-2016 09:41 AM

My grandmother who lived in Linden NJ some 50 years ago , used to have my
grandfather drive to Shop Rite ( 4 miles ) to save $ .05 on a can of peas . He would shake his head & ask himsself why ? He drop her off @ the front go to the parking lot & take a nap !

RobS 07-27-2016 10:37 AM

On the other hand, China subsidizes shipping for its manufacturers, which is why you can buy a $3 part with free shipping and it comes direct from China. Problem is if you are not careful it will take 6 weeks because it is held up on a container ship :(

Joe 07-27-2016 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HookI (Post 2422783)
My grandmother who lived in Linden NJ some 50 years ago , used to have my
grandfather drive to Shop Rite ( 4 miles ) to save $ .05 on a can of peas . He would shake his head & ask himsself why ? He drop her off @ the front go to the parking lot & take a nap !

Heck, My wife is like that now. we live 3-4 mins from Hannaford but we always have to go to ShopRite 20mins away cause of super sales. (although the do have a great Cafe there) But the sales may save us a buck or 2.

HookI 07-27-2016 07:16 PM

...I'm not going to disagree w/ your Mrs. ....yes Dear

Bob D'Amico 07-28-2016 04:04 AM

Been a Prime member for a couple of years, no complaints, in fact delivery speed has been improved.

Here's a price tracking site to use with Amazon since the prices listed are not set in concrete, they can change based on time of year, popularity, supply, etc.

http://camelcamelcamel.com

Frank N 07-28-2016 06:46 AM

Use it all the time, and I mean all the time, the only bummer is now with the distro facility in NJ, they charge sales tax. I just looked, 56 orders in the last 6 months.

I loathe shopping in stores almost as much as I loathe Hillary.

Joe 07-28-2016 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank N (Post 2422816)
Use it all the time, and I mean all the time, the only bummer is now with the distro facility in NJ, they charge sales tax. I just looked, 56 orders in the last 6 months.

I loathe shopping in stores almost as much as I loathe Hillary.

Its nice to be one of Frank's Amazon sellers, most of his orders are to me.:hihi: I have a nice 1 piece Tica 8' 3/4 to 2, with your name on it Frank.