StriperSurf Forums

StriperSurf Forums (http://stripersurf.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fishing - Delaware & Maryland (http://stripersurf.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Fall vacation (http://stripersurf.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540319)

PaNoob 02-02-2016 09:11 PM

Fall vacation
 
Every year I take a weeks vacation To the DE/Md area. Last few years I have been going to Cape Henlopen. I usually camp in a tent somewhat close to the ocean. Last year I went the last week of September and because of the warm weather I spent the week dealing with surfers and swimmers in the bay and at herring point. ( Had an idiot literally take a swim and get tangled in my line, I guess the 11 foot rod I was holding was no indication of there was a line and hook in the water close by).
I was curious if anyone had any thoughts or experiences at other vacation/camping spots they would recommend.

HookI 02-03-2016 03:46 PM

Re: Fall vacation
 
Go to Cape Cod

PaNoob 02-04-2016 01:04 PM

Re: Fall vacation
 
Hooki, may I ask why you responded cape cod?:dunno:
Have you fished there before/stay there?
Your reply has me curious about the cape.
any directions you can point me in?
I say this laughing, please don't say northeast.:hihi:

HookI 02-04-2016 01:55 PM

Re: Fall vacation
 
Have you ever been there ? So why not give it a try . Fishing is good beaches are good from PA it's a nice drive . New England is beautiful that time of the year .

PaNoob 02-04-2016 02:33 PM

Re: Fall vacation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HookI (Post 2418304)
Have you ever been there ? So why not give it a try . Fishing is good beaches are good from PA it's a nice drive . New England is beautiful that time of the year .

Never been north of NYC......certainly willing to try something new, just curious if you had any experience in that neck of the woods.

Doug 02-08-2016 02:21 PM

Re: Fall vacation
 
PaNoob, you can go a little further South and camp on Assateague Island on either MD side or Chincoteague on the VA side. Better make sure you mosquito proof though. Some years there is great Red Drum fishing at that time of the year.

Doug

HookI 02-09-2016 09:01 AM

Re: Fall vacation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaNoob (Post 2418310)
Never been north of NYC......certainly willing to try something new, just curious if you had any experience in that neck of the woods.

You don't go to NYC to fish

RobS 02-09-2016 11:15 AM

Re: Fall vacation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HookI (Post 2418423)
You don't go to NYC to fish

No, you go "around" it and head east :hihi:

unless you want to troll $20 bills down broadway, might pick up some fish that way

giacommin 02-09-2016 02:26 PM

Re: Fall vacation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaNoob (Post 2418259)
Every year I take a weeks vacation To the DE/Md area. Last few years I have been going to Cape Henlopen. I usually camp in a tent somewhat close to the ocean. Last year I went the last week of September and because of the warm weather I spent the week dealing with surfers and swimmers in the bay and at herring point. ( Had an idiot literally take a swim and get tangled in my line, I guess the 11 foot rod I was holding was no indication of there was a line and hook in the water close by).
I was curious if anyone had any thoughts or experiences at other vacation/camping spots they would recommend.

It's been a long time since I've been up there, but I always had a great time camping/fishing out on Martha's Vineyard. In the past we were able to camp out of a van next to the beach without issue. I suspect that is still possible in many locations around the island.

PaNoob 02-09-2016 10:52 PM

Re: Fall vacation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HookI (Post 2418423)
You don't go to NYC to fish

Hooki, cant say I have.....not that I wouldn't but I just started fishing at the end of last summer and was spending a lot of time at the NJ shore. I have watched a lot of videos of NY fishing and it appears to be a lot more inviting than NJ.

hunter1 04-12-2016 10:17 AM

Re: Fall vacation
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobS (Post 2418426)
No, you go "around" it and head east :hihi:

unless you want to troll $20 bills down broadway, might pick up some fish that way

U could also get crab's at that price.:hihi:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2016 StriperSurf.com, All Rights Reserved