StriperSurf Forums

StriperSurf Forums (http://stripersurf.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computers, etc (http://stripersurf.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Anyone use Mac Final Cut 2 Video Editing Software? (http://stripersurf.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529240)

Shipwreck 07-28-2008 09:41 AM

Anyone use Mac Final Cut 2 Video Editing Software?

Anyone use this software or can suggest something better?

Bob D'Amico 07-28-2008 01:57 PM

Re: Anyone use Mac Final Cut 2 Video Editing Software?

1 Attachment(s)
Most of the movies coming out of Hollywood are made with Final Cut Studio 2. If you add Shake you can make a fish as big as you want and make it speak as well. :hihi:
I'd invest in two 30 inch monitors too.

Shipwreck 07-28-2008 03:37 PM

Why 2 Boss?

Bob D'Amico 07-28-2008 05:13 PM

You wrote "2" in the title. Apple has three video software packages,
iDVD included free with OS-X - Amateur
Final Cut Express 4 @$ 199.00 - Advanced Amateur
Final Cut Express Studio 2 - @$1,299 Professional

Whatever you are trying to do start with iDVD and see if that is sufficient for your purposes. I played with Final Cut Express Studio 2 recently, blew me away but I don't need it yet. I wouldn't think you would really need to buy "Studio" at $1,299.

On a 15" Laptop screen you might go nuts.

BTW: I purchased Apple's APERTURE for digital imaging work. Incredible program, easy to use yet most feature full digital program I've used and a lot less money than Adobe.

Here is a great OS utility for a MAC - Default Folder X

I know I will slammed for this but buying the Mac Pro was the best investment I've made. Amazing machine, built and runs like a Mercedes Benz S550 and OS-X works flawlessly with any software. I'm not investing another penny in software for my Windows PCs.

Shipwreck 07-28-2008 07:10 PM

I meant why two monitors:)

Bob D'Amico 07-29-2008 03:23 AM

If you are working with a software package that has a separate "preview" function you can put the preview on one monitor and keep working on your main monitor.

Anyway, one big monitor and Spaces works great. I put Safari and Firefox in one space. Mail in a separate space and Dreamweaver in a third space. Whenever I hear the "bing" for new email I just click on the Mail icon in the dock and it switches instantly. If I click on a link in Dreaweaver, then Spaces switches automatically to Firefox. :D

Using Defaut-X I can get into any folder from any space.

I am working faster on the Mac even though my "Rocket PC" has a Quad Core processor, the fastest Intel makes, the main hard disk is a Raptor (10,000RPM), a super fast video card and 4MB of RAM. I put 10MB of RAM in the Mac Pro, ordered it with an upgraded nVidia graphics card so it's probably as fast as the "Rocket." One thing I can't quantify but I can see is that the MAC's OS-X Leopard does everything much faster than Windows XP Professional.

Shipwreck 07-29-2008 07:34 AM

Love Spaces.

The thing I notice about Mac the most is that I dont notice it. The computer does not become a part of the project you are trying to create. Microsoft smashes itself into every one of our projects and the hardware/software issues become as important as the idea itself. Thats no way to win a computer war.:mgun: