StriperSurf Forums

StriperSurf Forums (http://stripersurf.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ask Frank Daignault (http://stripersurf.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Outdoor Art -- Surf and Otherwise (http://stripersurf.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534160)

Frank Daignault 07-05-2010 08:48 AM

Outdoor Art -- Surf and Otherwise

Let's utilize this space for the exposition of artsy renditions from our members and the subsequent analysis they invoke. :doh2: (I think that is what I am trying to say.) Works from Lagoonguy and his girl would be good. :sign:

Piscator 07-05-2010 10:34 AM

Re: Outdoor Art -- Surf and Otherwise

5 Attachment(s)
Here's some carvings I'll submit. I'll post paintings later.

Piscator 07-05-2010 10:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Spike with Crown of thorns. Oil on canvas, 28" X 34". Adirondack style chair with found paddle backrest.

Steve C. Sink 07-06-2010 12:33 AM

Mr. Piscator,
You are a very talented person. Beautiful work, and a fine imagination with a good eye. I wasn't sure what Frank was asking for, but I think you cleared that up.

Mule.

RobS 07-06-2010 08:19 AM

excellent Piscator, now if we can only lure lagoonguy over here :D

lagoonguy 07-06-2010 09:10 AM

Thanks for making this forum possible, Frank. Nice pics by piscator of his lures.

Top is "Air Tarpon" - Melbourne Beach 2009
Bottom is my wife Therese' Pen & Ink sketch of a Cougar

lagoonguy 07-06-2010 09:31 AM

Here are some more of our artwork

Top is Therese's Lion just done in June 0f 2008

Bottom left is my Acrylic on Canvas of Hatian refuge sloop wrecked on Melbourne beach 2006

Bottom right is my cousin Larry Dahlmer's oil of FV "Margaret D" Capt. Johnny Dahlmer in Gloucester harbor, rigged for seining. She was launched in 1909 and sailed as a gillnetter out of Gloucester. Named for and christened by my mother. Lost on Salt Island on Good Friday, 13, 1915. Painted from a 1932 photo

lagoonguy 07-06-2010 09:43 AM

Here's more of our artwork:

Top: friend Peter Petricilli's photo of Hooded Merganser in flight 2010

Middle: my photo of leaping Tarpon in Turkey Creek, Malabar, FL 2009

Bottom: my acrylic on canvas of four surfcasters at Emerson Rocks, Plum Island, Newbury, MA painted from a photo 2009

Piscator 07-06-2010 09:50 AM

Bill (Lagoonguy), that painting of the derelict sailboat on the exotic shore is VERY nice. You are braver than I, as I find acrylics one of the most challenging mediums to create with. Well executed.

PS - The painting of the big cat looks more like an Ocelot (smaller endangered cat of South America). I know, picayune... it's the amateur biologist talkin' ;O)

lagoonguy 07-06-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piscator (Post 2338694)
Bill
PS - The painting of the big cat looks more like an Ocelot (smaller endangered cat of South America). I know, picayune... it's the amateur biologist talkin' ;O)

A quick check with Therese shows we are both wrong- it's a young leopard

Peterjay 07-06-2010 12:02 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Nice work guys - looks like we've got some talented people here. I don't do fishing art, but since I've spent most of my life near, in, or on the water, it kind of figures that the majority of my work features water in one form or another. I've always been fascinated by the dynamics of good old H20.

lagoonguy 07-06-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterjay (Post 2338705)
Nice work guys - looks like we've got some talented people here. I don't do fishing art, but since I've spent most of my life near, in, or on the water, it kind of figures that the majority of my work features water in one form or another. I've always been fascinated by the dynamics of good old H20.

Beautiful, Peter.

lagoonguy 07-06-2010 12:52 PM

Bluefin Tuna off Bimini - 1008 photo

Bird in flight - Pencil sketch by Therese 1989

Jim Timmins in kayak - Thousand Islands, Banana River, FL 2008

walter 07-06-2010 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Surf art is very rare and I have looked hard.

This Reneson I just found is one of the better ones I have seen in a while. Reneson gets a little goofy with the Winslow Homer hats but I don't think he is selling these to fisherman. They are more likely going to non fisherman who like the Homer association more than the fishing. The Copley auction has it.

Frank Daignault 07-06-2010 04:09 PM

All great visual experiences. Tell me this thread isn't working. I have some stuff I want to put up but there is so much going on all of a sudden. :doh2: