StriperSurf Forums

StriperSurf Forums (http://stripersurf.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ask Frank Daignault (http://stripersurf.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Outdoor Art -- Surf and Otherwise (http://stripersurf.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534160)

RobS 07-10-2010 09:16 AM

Re: Outdoor Art -- Surf and Otherwise

you know a thread is working when Plum Crazy shows up to say 'hi' :D :D

this is a great thread, though I don't have anything worth contributing.

Peterjay 07-10-2010 11:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bill; thanks for sharing your hard-won photo of the booted plover. I've heard that during the breeding season, sex-crazed males of the species often don Korkers and prowl the beaches in search of barefoot tourists. Dangerous critters indeed.

Since we've wandered onto the subject of rare animals: everybody knows about the bulls that charge through the streets of Pamplona during the Festival of San Fermin, but few Americans are aware of the giant cats that infest the city, making life miserable for locals and tourists alike. Here's a picture of my wife preparing to lure away a particularly ferocious specimen that had been loitering at the entrance to the bullring and killing the local economy. I'd estimate its weight at 60 pounds at the bare minimum. Even macho types like Ernest Hemingway would cower in the safety of the Cafe Iruna when these bloodthirsty beasts were known to be in the neighborhood.

lagoonguy 07-10-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plum Crazy (Post 2339014)
I am loving this thread. Nice work by everyone and thank you Frank for starting this.:)

Hey there. Long time, no contact. Haven't seen you for a long time since moving to Florida.

Bill

Steve C. Sink 07-10-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve C. Sink (Post 2339013)
Mr. Ragman take a picture of the picture, in or out of the frame. Then maybe crop it close to the frame. I do that sort of thing all the time. It will post fine, 50 kilobytes or less. Goin' do one of Teresa's like that soon.

A couple posts down on this thread, Walter did it fine with Field and Stream.
By the way, I wouldn't mind knowing at least your, and other's first name. I don't think your's is clam-slinging-bucket-sitting-rod-spiking-whatever.
Remember, I'm a Rebel, not a Yankee, and I don't know all "youse guys". :dunno::headscratch::D

MULE.

Mr. Ragman I think that I am dead wrong on the 50KB or less on a normally posted picture. I apologize. I got that confused with Mr. D'Amico's avatar re-setting. Didn't take my medication this morning.:confused:

MULE.

Plum Crazy 07-10-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lagoonguy (Post 2339030)
Hey there. Long time, no contact. Haven't seen you for a long time since moving to Florida.

Bill

Yes Bill it has been a long time. Have you any plans on visiting us in the near future? Say FALL?
If photos are artwork I have a million of them, I just have to find a few favs and I'll post. Most of you have seen all my work anyway.
I'll add my Plum Island video here.
Hiya Rob! I am taking a break from fishing in this heat. The bugs have been fierce.
I love walking around the beach taking NON fishing pics in the daytime.

http://www.vimeo.com/2652912

lagoonguy 07-10-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plum Crazy (Post 2339036)
Yes Bill it has been a long time. Have you any plans on visiting us in the near future? Say FALL?

Just can't make it happen this year. My wife and I were in NH and on the Cape for a week last October. Visited her son in Arizona back in April. This fall we are going to visit her son in S.Carolina and my daughter Jane in N.Carolina. Too little $ and not enough time. Maybe next year.

Frank Daignault 07-11-2010 01:36 PM

Where went outdoor art? :burn:

walter 07-11-2010 01:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A fun illustration with that old timey feel. The great thing about illustration is that it often tells a story. The match highlight is a great touch.

This used to show up on t-shirts down on the Cape.

Plum Crazy 07-11-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Daignault (Post 2339075)
Where went outdoor art? :burn:

I kinda thought my video of all the photos I took was art. If not delete it, I can't.

Stan Creighton 07-11-2010 04:15 PM

N.B.,

I, for one, truly appreciated your videos (in particular Plum's Pride and Passion!) It has been waaaaaaay too long since I have been on the Cape. :(
I know it is "old hat" to you, Frank, and Jason, but I really enjoyed a glimpse of what I have been missing! Maybe next year.............

Thanks again!

Stan :wave:

Plum Crazy 07-11-2010 04:43 PM

Thank you Stan. I do believe that video is also on Vimeo if you click on see all videos by me you should find it. I won't post it here.

lagoonguy 07-11-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plum Crazy (Post 2339081)
I kinda thought my video of all the photos I took was art. If not delete it, I can't.

I'd certainly call them art just as much as photos are

Steve C. Sink 07-12-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plum Crazy (Post 2339036)
If photos are artwork I have a million of them, I just have to find a few favs and I'll post. Most of you have seen all my work anyway.
I'll add my Plum Island video here.
Hiya Rob! I am taking a break from fishing in this heat. The bugs have been fierce.
I love walking around the beach taking NON fishing pics in the daytime.

http://www.vimeo.com/2652912

Mr. Plum Crazy that is a collection of some of the finest photographs that I have ever seen. Really professional grade. I've taken thousands of pictures in my life time. They are a way of freezing time so that you can go back and relive the events as long as you live. Folks think that all you have to do is point a camera and press the button. The shots that you took with the quality that you got for all the various distances and lightings, I feel sure, took many different settings in different camera modes. If all those pictures were taken with a pocket sized camera, auto focus, etc., only, then I have surely been fooled. Your sunsets and/or sunrises were spectacular, and your close-ups were great.
Hope you don't mind but I overloaded my hard-drive saving all of them. I've been trying for about six months now to learn to use a XXXXX D3000 with a 300mm lens. So with books, few brains, and trial and error, I'm beginning to make some progress.

MULE.

Plum Crazy 07-12-2010 04:59 AM

Thanks Steve what a beautiful thing to say. You made my day:). I hope you get a chance to get back up here soon.
I still think the handcrafted art and painting are way better than my photographs.
The manuals for these cameras are like encyclopedias, I have never gotten completely through mine.:wave:

Steve C. Sink 07-12-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve C. Sink (Post 2339096)
Mr. Plum Crazy that is a collection of some of the finest photographs that I have ever seen. Really professional grade. I've taken thousands of pictures in my life time. They are a way of freezing time so that you can go back and relive the events as long as you live. Folks think that all you have to do is point a camera and press the button. The shots that you took with the quality that you got for all the various distances and lightings, I feel sure, took many different settings in different camera modes. If all those pictures were taken with a pocket sized camera, auto focus, etc., only, then I have surely been fooled. Your sunsets and/or sunrises were spectacular, and your close-ups were great.
Hope you don't mind but I overloaded my hard-drive saving all of them. I've been trying for about six months now to learn to use a XXXXX D3000 with a 300mm lens. So with books, few brains, and trial and error, I'm beginning to make some progress.

MULE.

Ms., Miss, or Mrs. Plum Crazy, I sort of figured from your kind reply that you might be a Lady, and one of our members e-mailed me and set me straight. Feel free to e-mail me at any time any of your beautiful work. Frank gives you all my e-mail address from my prison reports:hihi: on my ID card or something like that. But here it is anyway:
stevesinkreddrum@gmail.com