StriperSurf Forums

StriperSurf Forums (http://stripersurf.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fishing - New Jersey (http://stripersurf.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   All About Fishing Reports & SSc Policy (http://stripersurf.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539628)

Bob D'Amico 10-22-2014 07:33 PM

All About Fishing Reports & SSc Policy

Apparently it's time for my yearly Fishing Reports and Forums Use "wisdom."

The initial and still main focus of SSc is to promote our "sport" and help both new and experienced fishermen become better fishermen.

No one expects that you provide them the GPS coordinates to your super secret fishing hot spot although I and a million other guys have probably fished "your spot" since the 1950's.

I have not read a single post in the October Fishing Reports thread that gives away more information than the reports in local fishing magazines and newspapers.

New members of this site who consider themselves "sharpies" are required to be as polite and considerate as members who have contributed here for many years. If any new or old member prefers to be contentious, rude and obnoxious please feel free to leave and complain about SSc on another website. We really don't give a damn.

As always, new members who are also new to surf fishing are welcome to email or send me a Private Message for general guidance, advice plus details on all 127 miles of my super secret NJ fishing spots. :rolleyes:

PS: Please don't ask me which specific model rod and reel you should buy, no one can keep up with that. :uhoh: Always remember that Sharp Hooks are your most important piece of tackle and Mustad is Norwegian for "Dull." :)

basstard 10-22-2014 09:07 PM

Re: All About Fishing Reports & SSc Policy

Well said Bob.

BassTracker 10-23-2014 07:01 AM

Aw, Bob....ya burned my spot! Right there where the beach meets the ocean!

BennyB 10-23-2014 07:14 AM

I ALWAYS get a kick out of this line, "Mustad is Norwegian for "Dull.". :hihi: :D

blazin420 10-23-2014 03:36 PM

Definitly well said Bob...And thank you as always for a GREAT SITE!!!

I LOVE this site more than any other..Mainly because its a respectful laid back bunch and everyone trys to help each other out...Ive been kind of disappointed lately as to whats been going on in the reports thread!! Hopefully things stay like they have always been cause ive met alot a good guys here and even better fisherman!

bengardner 10-23-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazin420 (Post 2403510)
Definitly well said Bob...And thank you as always for a GREAT SITE!!!

I LOVE this site more than any other..Mainly because its a respectful laid back bunch and everyone trys to help each other out...Ive been kind of disappointed lately as to whats been going on in the reports thread!! Hopefully things stay like they have always been cause ive met alot a good guys here and even better fisherman!

Well put and yea what he said! Plus he ties a mean teaser

PaNoob 10-24-2015 11:52 PM

I understand it is not proper etiquette to post specific beaches, or exact locations on forums. But, I am curious about the policy on posting about specific bait shops?
Example, I was at bait shop recently and they had just about everything one would need(at least for bait). The owner was helpful as heck in explaining the use of live eels, and how to handle them (and I wasn't even buying them, but its was educational for the future).

RobS 10-25-2015 05:42 AM

Bob will no doubt clarify, but as long as you aren't shilling sales for someone, telling which shop has what you want is fine. A lot like GRUMPY's others like Betty and Nick's. I use Riptide often but really like OneStop in AC cuz Noel really knows the local fishing scene. So keep it to general info and don't turn it into an unpaid infomercial :)

HookI 10-25-2015 07:06 AM

spot burning before the internet ....being in an gin mill where you can spit on the floor, lite up a fag & get the best fishing spots from one of the local sharpies, w/ a belly full of " three feathers " ..the good ones would still give you the wrong spot

billwrubel 03-20-2016 09:02 PM

is this spot burning???..I like the wash

Brokenrod 03-21-2016 04:40 AM

Definitely - but not as bad as saying you caught them around the jetty.

billwrubel 03-21-2016 10:38 AM

which jetty...where....what time....where to park

Nukem 03-31-2016 12:15 PM

Too bad there isn't a 'Like' Button Bob ! Great post and thanks for keeping this site alive !

GRUMPY247 04-17-2017 07:59 AM

I always enjoy this forum thanks Bob for keeping it a friendly place to go an not be mistreated .

Joseph C. 11-16-2018 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billwrubel (Post 2419539)
is this spot burning???..I like the wash

Yeah, that's why you always clean up when you fish.