StriperSurf Forums

StriperSurf Forums (http://stripersurf.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fishing - New Jersey (http://stripersurf.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018 (http://stripersurf.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541159)

computeruser 11-13-2018 09:54 AM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
If I am boring you, please, let me know...Monday, western LIS on kayak ...6am to 4pm...good weather forecast "forced" me to take a day and go fishing...group of 4 on multiple kayaks!!!
The whole bay was place of non-stop bass blitzing followed by the birds..it was relentless...there was no time that I did not see a cloud of birds working somewhere ...you could see bass swirling on the top, diving under the kayak...they were chasing schools of peanut bunker...not very large fish in general...caught about dozen and half up to 26"...when I got tired of chasing them around I went tog fishing to rest a bit...a bite was slow early on but it picked up around 10 am...6 tog keepers between 16.5" to 19"...one of those nice November days.

basstard 11-13-2018 10:12 AM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph C. (Post 2436086)
I'm going to take a walk out to the tip this morning for the noon high tide and will be very alert for those tsunamis. Thanks for the reminder.
It looks like it's going to be wet and windy, but if it were nice I'd have to work. I hope the fish don't mind the weather.

IT doesn't rain under water

Bayyaker 11-13-2018 12:27 PM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph C. (Post 2436086)
I'm going to take a walk out to the tip this morning for the noon high tide and will be very alert for those tsunamis. Thanks for the reminder.
It looks like it's going to be wet and windy, but if it were nice I'd have to work. I hope the fish don't mind the weather.

Joe, check your pm?s;)

Kroc 11-13-2018 04:36 PM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Just curious has fishing this fall been extremely slow in the OC, IBSP area? Even though I'm 1000 miles away I still periodically check reports etc... I've noticed the B&N website has barely had any video weigh ins the entire fall. Could be people are more tight lipped about what they catch than they used to be but it did strike me as unusual. Either way the action has to be better than SW FL, red tide has the fishery shut down here. For those of you who don't know what that is, trust me you don't want to.:no:

RobS 11-13-2018 04:40 PM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
That red tide situation is tragic :(

A lot say it every year "it's late"... but it really is this year. The 2 weeks of summer at the beginning of October really screwed things up in our neck of the woods, but migration is happening, of course, just a matter of big girls being in close.... or not.

Kroc 11-13-2018 07:01 PM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobS (Post 2436093)
That red tide situation is tragic :(

A lot say it every year "it's late"... but it really is this year. The 2 weeks of summer at the beginning of October really screwed things up in our neck of the woods, but migration is happening, of course, just a matter of big girls being in close.... or not.

That's true. December can be a very productive month if water temps cooperate. I honestly had no knowledge of red tide before I moved down here. It really is a problem and must be killing the tourism industry for those who depend on it.

Joseph C. 11-13-2018 09:06 PM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
And the report...
22 shorts up to 25" on the good old BT / curly tail, with my 7' Tsunami Slimwave serving most excellently. 5 doubles! I fished almost 4.5 hours and my shoulder would have given out if I'd tried to cast for that long with the 10 foot rod I had with me. The wind was cranking from the NNW, but with fish hitting I surely didn't mind. I left just after 4:30 with fish biting, and there were 6 or 8 guys still fishing. Waves were rolling in hard from the ocean and the bay, making it real important to watch what was going on around me.

billwrubel 11-13-2018 09:24 PM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Joe C...sounds like a great day...congrats to you

Bayyaker 11-14-2018 06:32 AM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph C. (Post 2436095)
And the report...
22 shorts up to 25" on the good old BT / curly tail, with my 7' Tsunami Slimwave serving most excellently. 5 doubles! I fished almost 4.5 hours and my shoulder would have given out if I'd tried to cast for that long with the 10 foot rod I had with me. The wind was cranking from the NNW, but with fish hitting I surely didn't mind. I left just after 4:30 with fish biting, and there were 6 or 8 guys still fishing. Waves were rolling in hard from the ocean and the bay, making it real important to watch what was going on around me.

I must have just missed you, did we pass on the sand, did I ask you if you saved me some.:wave:

NJ Dave 11-14-2018 09:19 AM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by computeruser (Post 2436088)
If I am boring you, please, let me know...Monday, western LIS on kayak ...6am to 4pm...good weather forecast "forced" me to take a day and go fishing...group of 4 on multiple kayaks!!!
The whole bay was place of non-stop bass blitzing followed by the birds..it was relentless...there was no time that I did not see a cloud of birds working somewhere ...you could see bass swirling on the top, diving under the kayak...they were chasing schools of peanut bunker...not very large fish in general...caught about dozen and half up to 26"...when I got tired of chasing them around I went tog fishing to rest a bit...a bite was slow early on but it picked up around 10 am...6 tog keepers between 16.5" to 19"...one of those nice November days.

Boaring us, HELL no.
Zoran, I love your LIS kayak reports. Unfortunately another year i didnt get back out there so i live vicariously thru your reports.

computeruser 11-14-2018 09:30 AM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ Dave (Post 2436105)
Boaring us, HELL no.
Zoran, I love your LIS kayak reports. Unfortunately another year i didnt get back out there so i live vicariously thru your reports.

Thanks...well, there is still time...there may be another trip or two in this season before it shuts down

Joseph C. 11-14-2018 11:56 AM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by billwrubel (Post 2436096)
Joe C...sounds like a great day...congrats to you




Thanks, Bill! I was thinking of you down there in the sun as I slung my BTs into the gale.

Joseph C. 11-14-2018 11:59 AM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayyaker (Post 2436098)
I must have just missed you, did we pass on the sand, did I ask you if you saved me some.:wave:


I was the guy in the neon yellow and black rain coat. I was walking out just after 4:30, I think. Anyway, I was driving out the parking lot a couple minutes after 5:00.

Bayyaker 11-14-2018 12:35 PM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph C. (Post 2436109)
I was the guy in the neon yellow and black rain coat. I was walking out just after 4:30, I think. Anyway, I was driving out the parking lot a couple minutes after 5:00.

:wave: I was on your left

Bayyaker 11-14-2018 12:38 PM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Was that a trout rod you were using :hihi:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2016 StriperSurf.com, All Rights Reserved