StriperSurf Forums

StriperSurf Forums (http://stripersurf.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fishing - New Jersey (http://stripersurf.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018 (http://stripersurf.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541159)

J Barbosa 11-28-2018 10:31 AM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobS (Post 2436242)
Got out late afternoon / eve for a bit, froze, but picked up a short on the teaser. Nothing else seen.

Was hoping for more but maybe wrong tide and couldnt stay into dark.

Come on Rob, you know better than to use that snap swivel. I'd hate to see you loose a big fish...

RobS 11-28-2018 10:34 AM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by J Barbosa (Post 2436248)
Come on Rob, you know better than to use that snap swivel. I'd hate to see you loose a big fish...

I just KNEW someone was going to comment on that :D

I should have, but seriously it's been a while since I've been out in cold like yesterday, in addition to not having decent gloves, I just couldn't :tongue:

Actually, may not look it, but that snap is fairly hefty and would have handled anything that was likely to hit (combined with a properly set drag ;) ), I would have changed it just because I don't like something that big in front of the lure. :wave:

billwrubel 11-28-2018 02:39 PM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Rob...I can send you a pic of a snap that broke last Fall at the Hook costing me a nice bass; I switched leaders and grabbed an old one in my bag that had a snap not a tactical; it broke; that night I went thru my bag and changed every one I still had for a tactical

J Barbosa 11-28-2018 02:40 PM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobS (Post 2436249)
I just KNEW someone was going to comment on that :D

I should have, but seriously it's been a while since I've been out in cold like yesterday, in addition to not having decent gloves, I just couldn't :tongue:

Actually, may not look it, but that snap is fairly hefty and would have handled anything that was likely to hit (combined with a properly set drag ;) ), I would have changed it just because I don't like something that big in front of the lure. :wave:

The TA clips are really strong for their size. Never had an issue with one, I even use them on my boat trolling gear. I use to use (backlash clips?) before TA existed and never had a problem with those either.

Don't trust those snap swivels - even the tuna grade ones I have seen fail (on tuna).

RobS 11-28-2018 02:46 PM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
I had a bag of TA clips in my surf bag... just was too cold/lazy to switch... after an hour had to pull my fingers into my palm, left my better gloves home.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :D

Snakeyes237 11-30-2018 08:02 PM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Got out today in MoCo. Talked to a few people who said the morning was great between 630-830. Nothing big but consistent action. I fished from 10am-6pm in multiple areas but had no luck after 230 timeframe. At the top of the tide fish were in close hitting teaser, small metals, or small swimming lures like a swim shad. Caught 9 fish, biggest being 23” or so.

Joseph C. 12-01-2018 10:14 AM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Out with my buddy on his boat yesterday we wandered around outside the Barnegat Inlet for a while looking for bait or fish marks on the screen to not much avail.
Finally we figured out that the fish were up close to the beach and we started to surf cast from the outside, just where the swells started to build up, and caught lots of schoolies up to 23 or 24 inches and Hickory shad on Avas. The sea was glassy smooth until after 3:00. It was a beautiful late fall fishing day.

fided 12-02-2018 08:15 PM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Great relaxing day on the beach. May just have been shorts but there were a lot of them up to 25 26 inches. Everybody I saw was hooked up. Mostly on teasers but metals got em too.

NJ Dave 12-02-2018 08:58 PM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Sandy hook, misty rain kept most away. Dinks all day from 8 to 18 inches. Mostly on metal, a few on the feathers.
Sad, we barley had any size fish this fall from the beaches.
Had an nice 6 weeks ago out east but it seem like they by passes the sand this season...
Still time to get on em.....

RobS 12-03-2018 07:48 PM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobS (Post 2436254)
I had a bag of TA clips in my surf bag... just was too cold/lazy to switch... after an hour had to pull my fingers into my palm, left my better gloves home.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :D

Same area this evening.

TA clip ( :) )
20 defrees warmer
40 more fellow anglers
High tide
No fish.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I blame the clip


:wave:

DonLBI 12-06-2018 07:50 AM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Got out Tuesday AM, water still dirty but managed 6 'lil ones. Did see 2 keepers caught, one about 33-35". Looked during the snow-- water cleaned up significantly.

RobS 12-06-2018 09:48 AM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DonLBI (Post 2436307)
Got out Tuesday AM, water still dirty but managed 6 'lil ones. Did see 2 keepers caught, one about 33-35". Looked during the snow-- water cleaned up significantly.

what was your setup? heard metal/teaser common, but some also have hit on swimmers.

plan on getting out again soon.

DonLBI 12-06-2018 11:09 AM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Yup, metal and teaser, but the fish came on the Redgill teaser. Missed wwaaay more than I landed.

RobS 12-06-2018 11:25 AM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DonLBI (Post 2436309)
Yup, metal and teaser, but the fish came on the Redgill teaser. Missed wwaaay more than I landed.

microbass can't even hit those redgills :D

DonLBI 12-06-2018 12:56 PM

Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobS (Post 2436311)
microbass can't even hit those redgills :D

:hihi: Like true dinks I think they were hitting the tail. I had so many hits or drops the dropper loop broke:wow: . Luckily I used the twist method (Thanks Bayaker!) and I didn't loose the redgill.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2016 StriperSurf.com, All Rights Reserved