StriperSurf Forums

StriperSurf Forums (http://stripersurf.com/forums/index.php)
-   MAIN FORUM (http://stripersurf.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Need a custom surf rod (http://stripersurf.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2261)

11-11-2003 05:18 PM

Did any one know what FormerlyKnownAsJohnR is talking about? I know I get long winded and type some confusing stuff but damn. "visualize the optical rectumitis"?

DeeJay 11-11-2003 05:20 PM

What's it worth to ya to find out?

I guess not much, huh? Oh well, again, since you asked---in so many words, it means you have your head up your arse and are looking at the world out of your rectum.

FormerlyKnownAsJohnR 11-11-2003 05:28 PM

I think most everyone could figure it out

Seriously, I just think you made some statements that were incorrect and now you can't stand far enough back to see them for what they are. All of us with maybe the possible exception of the lawyer have probably done that from time to time

Surfcaster Trapped in a Boaters Body

11-11-2003 05:32 PM

gottog 11-11-2003 05:35 PM

DeeJay, no pic please

11-11-2003 05:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gottog:

DeeJay, no pic please

I second that.

FormerlyKnownAsJohnR 11-11-2003 06:06 PM

Hehehehe - I'm sorry if I did not use proper english

Surfcaster Trapped in a Boaters Body

BASSMASTER 11-11-2003 06:08 PM

I have a bendoer 9'4" rod I think that is what it is, its hiding in a forest of lamies and batson rods and 1 break away
the reel seat came loose and the rod spun around.
all I did was tear the foam off and dump super glue in there, this was a field repair and I could care less what the rod looks like.
its been fine since

Cape Cod Guide

11-11-2003 06:29 PM

BassMaster you hit the nail right on the head. When you hammer down on a 30+ # bass and your reel breaks loose you wont be happy. This is a problem and it isn't just a St. Croix issue. It happens more on custom rods IMHO. Alot of custom rod builders (not all) are so focused on making the apperance detail perfect that they forget they are building tools not art. There is an old saying auto machanics used to say. "Chrome don't get you home!"

InshoreAngler 11-11-2003 08:08 PM

KMB....youve got almost 10 experienced fisherman trying to prove you wrong....and you still think your right??

Tight Lines!
-Vic

InshoreAngler 11-11-2003 08:22 PM

Spence,
SURF
Breathable Cabelas waders - $170
Chota SLT wading boots - $100
Penn 706Z - $100
Custom rod - $285
Bronco Bag - $50
Aquaskinz Jacket - $220
Korkers: $60
Lures and Rigs - $200

Cod party boat:
Penn 113H - $100
Ugly Stik BW1120 - $80
Rigging material - $100

And a bunch of odds and ends im leaving out that totalled $1,800-$2K

Tight Lines!
-Vic

11-11-2003 08:36 PM

All the text in the world can't deny physical proof. Like I said buy what ever you want. I really dont care. If you use it once, twice a season and spend more time polishing it and talking about it on the internet then actually fishing with it than your right it will probally never break. When you fish year round min 5 days a week beacuase the bay, ocean, 2 rivers, and a ton of fresh water spots are with in 5 minutes of home you see what happens to gear when it is used and abused. From trial and error I leared what last and what don't. If you dont want to listen thats fine.
Nevermind I take that back here is good advise.
I have that crappy penn 4500ss that looks like I just took it out of the box and the POS don't work. Go buy one I highly recomend it. I't will match your rod nicly when it falls apart.

DeeJay 11-11-2003 08:44 PM

Physical proof of what---that Flex-Coat can crack?

I get it---you think those wraps and coatings are the only things holding the seat to the blank, doncha? LMMFAO

11-11-2003 08:58 PM

I can't take a still picture of the seat shifting. The best I can offer is the photo of the crack were it all starts. The other guy told you his seat twisted all the way around. When I put a reel on and something holds the tip of the rod as I lift up like a hook set motion, there is about an 1/8 of an inch gap in my $155.00 rods thats real flipping funny. hahahahahahahahahahaha

11-11-2003 09:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DeeJay:
Physical proof of what---that Flex-Coat can crack?

I get it---you think those wraps and coatings are the only things holding the seat to the blank, doncha? LMMFAO

Even if it was only the flex coat cracking that's not they type of grabage I want on my rods. To each his own.