View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Moderator,Team SS 04-08

Default Re: A Tribute to Al Bentsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Daignault View Post
This is the last installment from both my memory and Bob Ragati's files. I'm proud of this comment from Al Bentsen because, as always, we consider the source with these things and because it was he I am supremely flattered:

January 26, 2006 Al's letter to Bob ?Ragman? Ragati:
"I always considered Frank one of the best if not the best surf fisherman from New England in the Cape when I was fishing there. I have a great deal of respect for his opinions and knowledge. He's is by far the best surf writer of the last century. I'm glad he took the time to write those book. I take great pride in calling him my friend."
A little backround on this...
As the date shows, It was sent to me a few years ago, one of the back and forth e-mails we traded. Al had a question about someone complaining about Frank in the forum, I answered, and this was his reply. When Al passed, Frank I think had some misgivings about not being as "close" as he might have been back in the day. I never shared many e-mails from Al with anyone (except for some of the jokes and videos he he sent me ), and sent this to Frank to show no matter what Frank might have thought, even with the passing of time, there was mutual respect between them. I think that is the ultimate show of friendship.
I'll bet Al is sitting up there behind an old IBM computer reading these things and smiling (he did work for IBM for many years before retiring)