01-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Senior Fellow, SS/Platinum, SS/Insider, Team SS
Join Date: Sep 2004
Re: Subaru Forester on the beach..?
Frank,thanks for the reminder.
Another accessory I may get for the Forester.
Originally Posted by Frank N
Just make sure you have the below...
The following eleven (11) items are MANDATORY
in order to drive a 4 X 4 on the beach:
- Fishing Equipment (rod & reel), Tackle/Bait for each person over the age of 12!
- Tire Pressure Gauge capable of registering down to 5 psi or below.
- Full size Spare Tire
- Workable Jack plus a support board (3/4" x 12" x 12" minimum)
- Tow Line - minimum 14 foot long: Rope 3/4", Chain (5/16" diameter links min.) or Snatch Line (1-?" wide) or braided steel cable (1/4" min.)
- Shovel (Not a plastic toy beach shovel)
- Fire Extinguisher
- Auto First Aid Kit
- Litter/Trash Bag (Carry In/Carry Out)
And dont get tempted to go on without us...otherwise...
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.
Education does not guarantee intelligence.
Prepare for the worst and you won't be disappointed.