Thread: old friend,
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Writer, Hunter, Surfcaster

Default Re: old friend,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripercoast1 View Post
Frank, the comments about not going back are spot on. My old man fished comm for most of my formative years. You actually know him, and we shared some of the same beach and schools of Cape Cod Fall run schools, Nauset, high Head, et all.
When they shut down the comm seasons, he has yet to wet a line, in fact one day soon I'm going to get down in his basement, and grab all the Murats out of the hangers and clean up all the Geenies mounted on them. I'm going to do my best to get the cases of Atoms and Gibbs lures he used to buy bulk with fish money as well.
I've taken the conservation route, which he doesn't understand, and have given up boats completely for the last 7 years. I have also taken up skishing and now would rather float than stand on a rock. Evolution is what it's all about.
You think your father is bad, or that I was jaded. My wife Joyce doesn't even want to fish half the time. Fishing for Atlantic salmon in Maine during the boratorium, I almost had to beat her to get her to release a salmon. "Why are we here? What are we doing? What is the point?"

This is a great thread, fitting for Al's memory. I am also enjoying it.