Thread: old friend,
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 07:29 AM
SS/Veteran

Al,
Don't get me wrong! Over the years, I've seen thousands of people bass fishing that have all dissapeared for whatever reason. However, in the case of "Chuck", this was a "hard core", knowledgable, seasoned, "50 SLAYER" (like me and you) who just gave it up. I have to look at Chuck as one of "Me", and I can't see myself giving it up.
Sure, I've changed, evolved; I don't fish the beach as much as I would like to, even though I PREFER" to fish the beach. As the boat is so much more efficient and my time is so limited, I almost "HAVE" to boat fish to justify going out at all! Where I live, the nearest places to have a "reasonable" chance to catch a respectible fish from the beach are at least 45 minutes away (1.5 hours roundtrip). Often, that is the entire amount of time I have for a personal outing, the boat is right in front of my house, blah, blah, blah....
I do "intend" to to get back on the beach when my "working years" slow down (I might even move to "The Cape"). I dream of the days when I can fish every night of the week, all night, just like I used to when we fished together. Chuck "intends" to not fish at all! JC
617-755-3740
www.littlesister1.com