Thread: Play Ball!
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 12:27 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Default Re: Play Ball!

Baltimore better hope their guy Jimenez gets his act together:

Ubaldo Jimenez struggles as the Baltimore Orioles fall to the Toronto Blue Jays, 11-3

Patrick Smith/Getty Images - Starting pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez is relieved in the sixth inning of Baltimore’s 11-3 loss to Toronto on Sunday afternoon.

By Eduardo A. Encina, Published: April 13

Right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez’s results in his first three starts with the Orioles — an unsightly 0-3 record and a 7.31 ERA — would have most pitchers searching for answers, especially while trying to meet the expectations of a club-record four-year, $50 million contract.
Jimenez looks at the situation differently. Following Baltimore’s 11-3 loss to the Toronto Blue Jays on Sunday afternoon, Jimenez can draw from recent experience and know that he can rebound from his rocky first few outings in an Orioles uniform.

-------

btw, I don't *hate* the Baltimore Orioles... yet.

My 2 brother in laws are HUGE O's fans (going down there today, and often during the season)...

However, I have another acquaintance who is standing right on the "I can't stand him" line... he is an obnoxious O's fan (well, he just seems obnoxious in general)... if I have to listen to him much more it might push me over the edge