Thread: time of year
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2000, 12:45 AM

I fish maine every summer on the kennebec river. (late july-late august) There are many charters in the area that can put you onto some great fishing. I've hired the Shark Five/Capt. Barry Gibson out of Boothbay Harbor which was a good trip on hi 24'outrage. Great boat, equipment, Captain and pricey. We caught some quality fish and enjoyed it very much. Last few summers I've gone out with a charter called Kennebec River Fishing, the Capt.s name is , no joke, Capt. Skid Rowe. A freind who is a local up there turned me on to this guy. He runs a pontoon boat from Parker Head out to the Popham Beach area. No frills but very reasonable fare. You show up at the dock pay your $50 and your in. For three summers my buddy and I were the only two on the boat with the exception of last year when we shared it with a brother,father and young son team. When we first got there I thought it was going to be one of those days. But there was plenty of room as his boat is all deck and everybody caught fish. This guy knows the river, how to catch bass and is very conservation minded. I can't find his card right now but i'm pretty confident I have the info correct. If you can't find him post a message and I will clear it up.

Surf fishing on Popham Beach is good also. Live lining eels at night by the fort works for me.

Happy Fishing!