Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - CT and RI

Fishing - CT and RI Connecticut and Rhode Island Fishing Reports and Information

Old 09-22-2012, 07:27 PM

Default Best weekend to fish the fall run in RI

Hello all... just joined the site, looked at many striper / surf fishing sites and found this one to be the best (although there are many other good ones...) I live in Canada and made one trip to RI (Charleston area) in the first week of september and had some success... but I guess it was mainly a "recon" mission... got to know my way around a bit and hope to make another weekend trip in the late fall... or whenever you-all tell me is the best time...

and that brings me to my question... if you had to pick one weekend (which I presume would be in late oct, early november) to fish the beaches in the Charleston area when would it be... I plan to fish mostly at night, and it's really the beach/surf that I want to fish (vs. the jetty) ...I will have to make my plans / reservations a bit in advance, so may just have to hope for favourable conditions weather wise (favourable for fishing that is, don't care about the cold etc... I go steelheading in april!) ...but if the "immediate" weather and/or surf conditions are a really big factor, then would plan to be as flexible as possible...

thanks for any input... (thread is also posted in the "general section")
Old 07-18-2013, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Best weekend to fish the fall run in RI

Well, it's a really slow pick on this forum, isn't it! Wish I could answer for you...I'd run up to rhody fromNJ to catch the migration on the way down!