Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - CT and RI

Fishing - CT and RI Connecticut and Rhode Island Fishing Reports and Information

Old 08-08-2012, 04:09 PM

Default Places to fish in Old Lyme, CT

Hi I am new to the forum. I grew up surf fishing, but haven't been in many years for several reasons including raising a family and living in the midwest for 7 years.

We moved to Old Lyme this summer, and I just about ready to begin surf fishing again (already done lots of fishing in the local pond behind our home).

Anyway this isnt' so much where is a "good" place to go fishing so much as where are the places where it is _legal_ to go fishing in old lyme? The very best place from appearances, placement and satallite photos, and reviewing underwater bathometry/topo maps appears to be protected from fisherman.

So, where can one go surf fishing here?

Thanks,
Scot
Old 08-11-2012, 08:55 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: Places to fish in Old Lyme, CT

I live in CT as well and I drive out of the state and fish RI or MA, no reason to deal with the terrible access and mediocre shore fishing of the particular are you mention. The way I've gained access is by friends renting on the beach. You coyld get a kayak and launch at the spot on 156, I've seen decent fish pulled from the marshy area there with eels in early July. Good luck.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:07 PM

I was just up there for a wedding a few weeks ago. Surf fishing I can't say much - I didn't see much of what I'd call surf. I did see one place that got a lot of attention, which was the DEP dock and park on the CT River at the end of Ferry Road, off Shore Road just below I-95.

I would tend to agree that a yak would greatly enhance the fishing experience thereabouts.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:29 AM
SS/Veteran

Welcome My travels as far North as Milford ( where the Fly guys go ) if there is a need to fish , a pm will surely be needed .