Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:35 PM

Default Re: The press ......

Now the press's big deal is sexual abuse. It is as though there was never any abuse until recently. Sometimes I think some old girl friend from 61 years ago is going to charge me with putting my hand on her knee.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:44 PM

The press has gone to feeding on itself. Charley Rose is the latest victim of the frenzy. Our institutions are falling apart. I guess when they are cooking Charley Rose they are leaving Bill Cosby alone.

Lets get back to the "pink slime" debacle. I would love to know what the meat packing house got from the settlement.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Daignault View Post
Now the press's big deal is sexual abuse. It is as though there was never any abuse until recently. Sometimes I think some old girl friend from 61 years ago is going to charge me with putting my hand on her knee.
I witnessed at least a couple of episodes of 'sex in the workplace' over the years.

One boss used to complain to our secretary that his pregnant wife had no interest in sex. And that he was ready to go. She tried to limit the chance she'd be alone with him. The 'dirty old man Jokes' were part of our daily conversations. Another boss used to shack up with a much younger single woman. They were always out on the same days. The whole department knew. The guys poor wife had no idea, even to this day. Surreal when she came in during the holidays with the kids all dressed up. When we'd go out for a celebration dinner or something the perv used to play a game, he'd ask each employee who in the office they'd like to sleep with. The hope was always that the subject would change before too many of us had to answer. Bad idea to tell the boss he had no class. And maybe worse if down the road i became the big boss and it was reported in the press that 'John said he'd like to sleep with so and so.'

But in the day nobody was going to complain to HR for fear they'd suddenly find some other reason to fire you.

The press is only skimming the surface. Very pervasive and complex topic. I rarely see a newspaper writer willing to invest the time to get into the details.

It takes a new meaning as I see my daughter now entering the workforce and realizing she might have to deal with this.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:08 PM

I think that stuff always went on and no doubt continue. I saw a male teacher have an affair with the female superintendent. He lost interest and she fired him. The union got him reinstated with back wages and service credit which enabled him to qualify for his pension. Wherever there are boys and girls there will be hanky-pankie.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:41 AM

My wife used to work for me
She kept “joking” that we’d make a great couple
That was 30 years ago
Old 11-30-2017, 04:12 PM

John that is a great story. You can see where relationships could sprout out of sexual abuse. There is a fine line between wanted and unwanted attention. It is apparently only abuse when it is unwanted. I'm telling you: I have no sympathy for the press. They crucified me because shooting a dog was good copy. While they were doing so the terrorists blew up the World Trade Center (not kidding) and the dog story died and was forgotten.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:20 PM

Boston Globe columnist, Kevin Cullen, an anti-Trump regular complained this week that people have begun ragging on the media. No s*it, Kevin!
Old 12-08-2017, 03:40 PM

In the Navy and Marines a "mustang" is an enlisted person who rises up the ranks to a commission. The late admiral Jeremy Borda, who enlisted as a Seaman Recruit at 17 became a Senior Chief in little time. Seeing his potential, the Navy sent him to college, commissioned him leading to his rise to Admiral. He was highly decorated through his career and was one of the most decorated Mustangs of his time. Some reporter reported in the press that the Admiral was a fraud and all those medals were phony. A Naval Board of Inquiry determined that the Admiral was legit. But believing he had been shamed and discredited for his career in the service, it was too late because Admiral Borda committed suicide with his service pistol. Regarding the press, just when you think it could get no worse, it does.

Goggle Admiral Borda and read the story yourself. You are free to embrace any political leaning you may have, but Trump is right about the press.