Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 10-21-2009, 05:52 PM

Default Sandy Hook Info?

I usually fish LBI, IBSP and Seaside, but I was thinking of trying Sandy Hook tomorrow night! I have never fished the hook and could use some information! Where to park, where to fish, is there jetties or just soft structure? I plan on walking on and plugging so any information would be greatly appreciated!

Tight lines!
Old 10-21-2009, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Sandy Hook Info?

dont bother my friend... i hit the hook all this week so far with nothing to show. apparently the striped bass have become far too wise for us dumb fisherman over there. but you never know, a south jersey man such as yourself may have some tricks up your sleeve that us NoMoCo guys dont have.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyfisherman View Post
I usually fish LBI, IBSP and Seaside, but I was thinking of trying Sandy Hook tomorrow night! I have never fished the hook and could use some information! Where to park, where to fish, is there jetties or just soft structure? I plan on walking on and plugging so any information would be greatly appreciated!

Tight lines!
was at the hook from noon till 6 tonight chunking never got a bite . only heard of one fish caught all day .lot of people fishing just no fish.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:54 AM

don't fish the hook before (official) sunrise or after sunset unless you have a parking pass. Last year I got a ticket for parking 5 minutes before the sunrise time that was listed in the paper - even though it was light when I walked out on the beach. I went to the Ranger station to ask about my new $65 ticket and he said that it was my responsibility to check the paper for official sunrise time and not to park before that without the permit. The annual permit is $55. I bought one this year.

BTW - watch your speed out there too. The limit changes a few times and they shoot radar. bastages.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:56 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

It is federal out there, and they don't have a sense of humor.

If you head out, stop at the first lot with binocs and check the surf on your way out to North Beach.