Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 01-27-2020, 10:15 AM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: the pats

I don't know about cheating and how one defines it. I know the ball pressures a couple of years ago was nothing but an overblown media event. People from other time zones were just looking to find fault with the Pats. My experience with tire pressures in a beach buggy taught me that pressures are highly temperature sensitive. You could air out your buggy tires after a hot day and if that night was cool your 12 psi skins were reduced to 8 psi. We lived it and learned to expect it. Not that I give a rats knuckle about the Pats being accused of cheating; its just that it kind of gets my as* when people spout off over things they know nothing about.
Old 02-01-2020, 05:27 PM
Administrator

So Frank, who do you think will win the SB tomorrow?

----------------------------------------------------
Untied we Stand
Divided we will Fall!
Old 02-01-2020, 07:38 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Before Frank responds, I'm jumping in with the chiefs 27-24
Old 02-02-2020, 01:08 PM
SS/Veteran

We like both QBs. My wife is partial to Garapollo because he is a former Patriot backup QB. I see Mahomes of huge potential. Its kind of a contentious situation in that we like them both and we are being forced to make a choice. We are not used to dealing with a non-Patriots situation. I don't know who to root for. Maybe I will just go with the gang at our party.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:07 AM

Well, both QBs had the jitters in different parts of the game. I thought Garapollo looked bad when he was finally pressured, and Mahomes was just off for 3 quarters, probably again due to the pressure.

In the end, M and his team pulled it together and did what I expected. I really just felt they were better and eventually that played out.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:09 AM
SS/Veteran

The whole idea of the Pats not being at the Super Bowl kind of ho-hummed the game for we New Englanders.

The sports press is such a joke. They have to keep talking about Brady and he plays right into that. He is just jerking their chains with this coy will-I-retire BS. My contempt for the press just keeps getting worse.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:04 PM

saw this in the NYPost today:

Tom Brady is leaving the Patriots.

Where is he going? To be decided, but the NFL will never look the same.

Brady, 42, announced via social media on Tuesday morning that he is finished in New England after 20 seasons, six Super Bowl wins in nine appearances and three MVPs.

“I don’t know what the future holds,” Brady wrote, “but it is time for me to open a new stage for my life and career.”

Unless Brady has a trick up his sleeve – anything is possible now – his market is headed by the Buccaneers and Chargers, two teams who finished well out of the playoff race last season.

NFL Network reported both teams made “strong offers” to Brady, “believed to be” in excess of $30 million per year.

Even with the genius of Bill Belichick stalking the sidelines, it is difficult to see this as anything but the end of the Patriots dynasty. The Patriots won 16 of the last 17 AFC East titles, only missing out during the season Brady missed all but one game due to injury.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:28 AM
Administrator

He's 42 yrs old, needs a good receivers and if not, is tackled, He's not a mover. Time for Tom to retire.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:59 AM
SS/Veteran

People here are being such good sports about Brady leaving. I feel that he betrayed his New England fans by leaving. Long shot, it could be that Brady knows he is in decline and wants to falter somewhere else.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:20 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Daignault View Post
People here are being such good sports about Brady leaving. I feel that he betrayed his New England fans by leaving. Long shot, it could be that Brady knows he is in decline and wants to falter somewhere else.
Sports pages ae saying now that Belacheat wanted to get rid of Brady because he could see TB-12 slipping, like so many of us when age kicks in. The coach can see that and apparently recognizes the decline. Of course its all speculation and the public is not allowed to know the truth.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:48 AM

Belicheat probably did want him back but probably would not commit to him full time. Thus a reduced rate. There was that report of a heated phone call between Brady and he, so someone had to leak that out.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:15 PM
SS/Veteran

Part of our problem is that we rely upon the press. They need copy so bad that they will say anything in order to create news. You are never going to really know why Brady left. Sure, there are certain truths -- age, coach tensions, salary cap considerations, plus what I have forgotten or never knew.