Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 12-28-2014, 09:07 PM
Senior Fellow

Default Re: December 2014 fishing reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayyaker View Post
Took my bro-in-law from Ohio down to the fishermans supply for some shopping MagDarters, Bomber Long Shot, TinMan Bt's, terminal tackle, Al Gags eels, and the list goes on I got him hooked a few years ago when he was standing next to me while I was reeling in a 35+lber I didn't need anything, so I just picked up a few different size Bomber long shot, just because

Bay...tried the Bomber Long shots and i really like the distance. A pleasant surprise. I like the swim in Bombers vs SPs but sometimes i need the distance for the SP. Can't wait til Spring to really see how the long shot performs when there are actual fish around
Old 12-28-2014, 09:15 PM

Bill, there are still fish around but none with stripes. BTW how's your new set up?
Old 12-28-2014, 09:25 PM

Question Re: December 2014 fishing reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
Good reminder...have to go see if they are back at forsythe

I think I saw one of those birds about a month ago flying thru the woods by my house. Im about 25 minutes west of the ocean. Do they stick to the water only or is it possible I saw one?
Old 12-28-2014, 09:40 PM

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all you guys....I took down a decent haul this holiday...9 ft st croix, mag darters, sp minnows, tsunami poppers, new scale, grease, tackle bag, g loomis hoodie, some books (new skinner), ll bean and bass pro gift cards, boat shoes,and a thermometer....typing a list paid off lol now I need to use all that crap to actually have a season that isn't all shorts next year....looking forward to fishing with some of you guys in the spring...time to start breaking it all down for cleaning
Old 12-28-2014, 10:28 PM
Senior Fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by basstard View Post
Bill, there are still fish around but none with stripes. BTW how's your new set up?
came before Christmas and my wife snagged the mail and wrapped it up under the tree...a nice move...I was starting to wonder if something happened to the shipment. The reel is really sweet and I am looking forward to the weakies and fluke next Spring. I will be Hook bound in April so you can see it first hand
Old 12-29-2014, 07:09 AM
SS/Veteran

so with the warmer temps yesterday and the overcast skies i HAD to give it 1 more shot at putting a few on the sand...Fished on the rocks and beach from 10-130pm...Water was nice and clean with a little chop to it...I was glad i went..Managed to 5 lil guys ...All 18-20in with the biggest about 23in..Was siked to have a bend in the rod after not being out for a month...They hit my usual arsenol 1 on a vision sandeel,mambo(olive/white),2 on the mag darter and 1 on my teaser...It was a nice morning once the rain quit...Im gonna press my luck and try 1 last time tm afternoon...If i dont get out then at least i ended on a high note ....Plus my Broncos won yesterday to make it even better
Old 12-29-2014, 09:00 AM

congrats Blaze, you deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwrubel View Post
came before Christmas and my wife snagged the mail and wrapped it up under the tree...a nice move...I was starting to wonder if something happened to the shipment. The reel is really sweet and I am looking forward to the weakies and fluke next Spring. I will be Hook bound in April so you can see it first hand
I'm glad you like it and I'm sure you'll get much use out of it. If you feel like throwing "snot" in mid March let me know and we'll hook up -literally- I'm putting together components to build a new Blackfish rod for a winter project.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:41 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunka bullsht View Post
I think I saw one of those birds about a month ago flying thru the woods by my house. Im about 25 minutes west of the ocean. Do they stick to the water only or is it possible I saw one?
Definitely possible you saw one.

They seem to follow waterways, I know they nest in marshy areas but that doesn't mean only the ocean. I just think they are one of those owls that like to prowl open areas for food.

http://ebird.org/ebird/map/snoowl1?n...&emo=12&yr=cur
Old 12-29-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
ok Bill, spill it ( I must have missed the post if done previously) ... what new setup did you get?
Old 12-29-2014, 12:22 PM
Senior Fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
ok Bill, spill it ( I must have missed the post if done previously) ... what new setup did you get?
Have a 7ft Really light custom rod I got as a gift..a 1oz metal will bend it easily...and I needed a new reel. Thanks to advice from here I got a Stradic 3000FA C14+ spooled with Power pro 20. Will work really well plus have the guts in case a Spring bass hits me on the rocks. It's my set for weakies and fluke and now I feel like I have what I need...thanks to Bay and Bass for help...is it Spring yet???
Old 12-29-2014, 01:38 PM

Nice, sounds like a great setup...enjoy!
Old 12-29-2014, 06:28 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Have a 7ft Really light custom rod I got as a gift..a 1oz metal will bend it easily...and I needed a new reel. Thanks to advice from here I got a Stradic 3000FA C14+ spooled with Power pro 20. Will work really well plus have the guts in case a Spring bass hits me on the rocks. It's my set for weakies and fluke and now I feel like I have what I need...thanks to Bay and Bass for help...is it Spring yet???
I can tell that the "B's" are going to sting the fluke next year Bill, Blaze, Bass, maybe Ben, and . People, get your gulp before there's a shortage
Old 12-30-2014, 07:50 AM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Sounds like a sweet setup Bill...Good luck with it...A setup like that is fun with the small bass that showed up this past week...I love scaling down and catching these late season resident schoolies....I planning on bringing my fly set up out with me this afternoon
Old 12-30-2014, 07:51 AM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayyaker View Post
I can tell that the "B's" are going to sting the fluke next year Bill, Blaze, Bass, maybe Ben, and . People, get your gulp before there's a shortage
The flatties have no chance this coming year