SHORE CATCH HOME     CHARTERS BOAT     BEACH     OFFSHORE     REPORTS     WORKSHOP    SEASON     THE GUIDES     RATES     CONTACT US
     STRIPERSURF.COM HOME     ARTICLES     FAQs     FLY FISHING  . SS/INSIDER     SS/TROPHY RIGS     SITE INDEX     STRIPED BASS

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Shore Catch Guides
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ask Shore Catch Guides Shore Catch Guide Service, New Jersey's Premier Saltwater Guides

Old 03-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Shore Catch Guide Service

Default The bite has started !!!!!!!

I'm a little late in putting this up here, but last Thursday(3/15) . As the front rolled in Me , Capt. Dave (TNT) and 3 of our good buds put 32 bass on the Raritan Bay shore. All on clams, and all were under 28 " but one. I had a 30" fish that weighed in at 9 lbs. No Monster but the fish are here, and ready to feed. On Friday morning, in the face of the Nor'Easter , with hail trying to sand blast my nose off, we had 3 nice fish two 12 lbers. and one 14.5 lber. It wasn't pretty out there but the bite was on, for a while, then the water temp. just dropped to low and they shut off again. No to bad for this time of year and a GREAT sign of what is to come. By this weekend ther should be a steady bite , for sure. I'll be in Fla. all next week, so the bite up here should go OFF !!!! I'll bw back HARD CORE the following week. From what I've heard , we'll be fishing bunker chunks by then .

GO GET'UM BOY'S......... "SWISS"
Old 03-21-2007, 09:15 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: The bite has started !!!!!!!

Good report Capt Swiss, Can I borrow your log book while you are in Fl?