Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 04-20-2009, 05:57 PM

Default Point Pleasant (Canal, North Barnegat Bay & and Manasquan River)

Hello all. I am beginning a new thread for the Point Pleasant area between the northern most point of Barnegat Bay through the canal to the Manasquan River.

Last week I spent some time on the small fishing beach on the Manasquan behind the old hospital. I fished worms, clams and bucktails but saw nothing. There were reports of bunker right on the beach but noticed nothing where we were standing. I did loose the worms several times and nothing touched the clams. White bucktails with pink twister had no action. There may have been some flounder caught closer to the mouth of the canal but we could see what it was.

Has anyone had any luck through the canal or inside with anything at all?
Old 04-21-2009, 06:47 AM

Default Re: Point Pleasant (Canal, North Barnegat Bay & and Manasquan River)

That beach you referred to is a great early season spot for blues. Give it another couple weeks and try again. Bring your surface plugs!!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosowskj View Post
That beach you referred to is a great early season spot for blues. Give it another couple weeks and try again. Bring your surface plugs!!
You mentioned this in the Squan thread. As it turns out I used to hang out on that beach when I was a kid. And yes, the blues do come in nice and close there. I've also seen fluke caught there. At the west end of the beach the edge of the channel is about 10 yards from the sand in low tide. There is a lot of weed in the shallow area there, though. I use a baitcasting rig so I found that either, like you said, surface plugs or fast reeling is the only way to keep the lure clean. Next time I'm at the store I'm goint to pick up some 1-1.5oz dark and light buzzbaits for the blues. I have never tried these for blues (or striper) but I'll bet they work well. Maybe I'll see you up there at some point. And as soon as the beach starts to get hot I will probably be up by Lyman....

Also, someone some time ago was telling me about sea run brown trout in the Manasquan. I saw something about this on the info board at the beach. Have you or anyone else ever caught one? I was told to try by the Rt. 70 Bridge but I'm not sure there is access there without a boat.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:40 AM

What's going on with posting specific spots ? This can't be allowed. A moderator needs to put an end to it. It blows my mind people do it.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgeman View Post
What's going on with posting specific spots ? This can't be allowed. A moderator needs to put an end to it. It blows my mind people do it.
I'm confused as to your issue with sharing information. This is a forum to share information. If I have luck in a certain place I am happy to share. For example, I deer hunt. I have multiple producing stands in public hunting areas where people don't have great luck hunting. I put my time and energy into finding the right areas for these stands and I welcome sportsmen and women to use them if noone else is in them. It is part of being a good sport. If we are not we WILL lose the right one day.

By the way, I still get deer from the stands as do others after many years. I'm sure noone will take all your fish....

In any event, I do wish you good fishing and I hope you can find it in your heart to be part of the team. You are always welcome. If not, start another thread and don't get yourself worked up here.

Thanks so much....
Old 04-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Moderator,Team SS 04-08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgeman View Post
Bridgeman,
This is NOT your usual posting ground, and the sharing of info, and yes, even spots within reason, is encouraged here.
I AM a moderator, and see nothing wrong with this post. I wont put and end to it, and if you have a problem with that, feel free to e-mail me or Bob D about it.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Sounds like a great place, always looking for a different getaway, Good luck..
Old 04-23-2009, 01:40 AM
SS/Insider, SS/Platinum

The fishing pier is next to Marina Grille At Petersons in Brick

I live near by and fish from the pier early morning, late evening in season
Old 04-23-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsimms27 View Post
The fishing pier is next to Marina Grille At Petersons in Brick

I live near by and fish from the pier early morning, late evening in season
I have been living near there for 20+ years and never knew there was a pier over there. I'll have to check it out.

We went out Monday evening just as the tide was changing over and had the most action yet behind the old hospital. Just as the tide started to move out I had a couple hits and we saw what appearead to be bunker breaking the surface inside the channel. I couldn't hook up but it seems to be warming up.

Have you picked up any Weaks or Trout under the 70 bridge.

Good Luck..
Old 04-24-2009, 03:30 AM
SS/Insider, SS/Platinum

Haven't been over to the pier yet

Been concentrating my fishing at IBSP
Old 04-30-2009, 10:35 PM

They're behind the hospital. Blues and a couple keeper bass at the end of the day on everything from spoons to poppers. Loads of fun.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtjames2003 View Post
I'm confused as to your issue with sharing information. This is a forum to share information. If I have luck in a certain place I am happy to share. For example, I deer hunt. I have multiple producing stands in public hunting areas where people don't have great luck hunting. I put my time and energy into finding the right areas for these stands and I welcome sportsmen and women to use them if noone else is in them. It is part of being a good sport. If we are not we WILL lose the right one day.

By the way, I still get deer from the stands as do others after many years. I'm sure noone will take all your fish....

In any event, I do wish you good fishing and I hope you can find it in your heart to be part of the team. You are always welcome. If not, start another thread and don't get yourself worked up here.

Thanks so much....
MTJames2003-

Not sure if your are still on this Forum since you havent posted since 2009.

But i thought i would try and contacting you more about the hunting post vs the fishing.

My 10 yr old son wants to hunt deer this season 2014. I have never hunted and i would like to teach him. We both have our 2014 licenses.

I am looking for a quiet and safe spot to take him. You mentioned you have stands in certain areas and invite others to use them. I am hoping they are still available?

If so please feel free to contact me either cell or email cewoz at yahoo com or 732*673*4277.

sincerely
Chris Wosnitzer Point Pleasant Native Born in what used to be the PP Hospital on the Canal...now condos.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:45 PM

Giving your email and phone number online is never a smart idea.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:27 PM
SS/Insider

Chris

Replying to a thread that is five years old and looking for hunting help....... all I could say is WOW!

Try newjerseyhunter dot com.

Although this site (stripersurf) has fisherpersons who are also hunters.....you might get.... AND I DO SAY MIGHT......get some better help at newjerseyhunter.

Mention what part of the state you are interested in and see what happens.

bOb....ski

When I drink alcohol, I'm an alcoholic. I've switched to Fanta.....you guessed it....I'm FANTASTIC !!