Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 01-27-2004, 03:16 PM

If I may steal some words from the book I hope no one holds me legally accountable.I don't know how he calculated this way back when.
Taken form the inside jacket of the book. In recent years there has been a 53% increase in surf fisherman of the female gender, and Joyce Daignault tells how she became an avid surf fisherman......

Chapter 7 Women in the Surf by Joyce Daignault ( An excerpt )

I chose to fish because I came to realize that my husband would go anyway. He wanted me with him and so I tried to learn......(something we all want of our soulmates) Somewhere along the line I came to love the surf......
Those joys cannot be overstated. While in search of game fish, you will behold sunrises so contemplative and peaceful that they are rivaled only by the moonlit nights.

Joyce is a true surf fisherperson. She not only has her Fifty she has caught the essence that is inside us all. Frank I'm sure you can find an appropriate photo.

Welcome Ladies the front door is now open. Come join us.Be one of the few and proud!!
Old 01-27-2004, 03:16 PM

If I may steal some words from the book I hope no one holds me legally accountable.I don't know how he calculated this way back when.
Taken form the inside jacket of the book. In recent years there has been a 53% increase in surf fisherman of the female gender, and Joyce Daignault tells how she became an avid surf fisherman......

Chapter 7 Women in the Surf by Joyce Daignault ( An excerpt )

I chose to fish because I came to realize that my husband would go anyway. He wanted me with him and so I tried to learn......(something we all want of our soulmates) Somewhere along the line I came to love the surf......
Those joys cannot be overstated. While in search of game fish, you will behold sunrises so contemplative and peaceful that they are rivaled only by the moonlit nights.

Joyce is a true surf fisherperson. She not only has her Fifty she has caught the essence that is inside us all. Frank I'm sure you can find an appropriate photo.

Welcome Ladies the front door is now open. Come join us.Be one of the few and proud!!
Old 01-28-2004, 08:11 AM
Writer, Hunter, Surfcaster

No, Driftwood, that not the front door, that the Ladies Entrence.

The book is Surf fishing with the Experts, Reina and Muller and Joyce contributed a chapter in it. i think tht book is out of print. I can't find a publication date in my copy but in hardcover it was only $12.95 so it had to be back before panty-hose.

The 53 percent increase is easy: Years ago one woman in a hundred fished the surf. Now two in a hundred or is that a 100 percent increase?

The industry has sought to encourage women in fishing for a long time because it is where the greatest potential lies. It has been succesful with golf but many of the outdoor pursuits are slow in female acceptance. Hunting? forgetaboutit. Though Momma J loves, loves to hunt and kind of waits through the rest of the year. I yield the floor and look forward with interest.

Frank
Old 01-28-2004, 08:31 AM

Okay, you asked. I could have written that jacket cover myself! I so agree with her. With a ho hum exsistance to our marriage I finally found something to do with my husband. Now we enjoy each other as much as we did when we were first married. At first I just loved being on the beach at anytime in any weather, there is salt in my veins, but, when I hooked my first striper it was all over. Now I laugh when I'm the only one hooking up!!! It's the bain of our exsistance now. Our only vehicle is a buggy, all holidays consist of fishing gear as gifts, we watch the weather like hawks together and always know the tides. Now when we get home from work I have already loadedthe truck, packed the food and laid out his fav fishing clothes. Surf fishing has given us back to each other. Nothing is netter than being the only ones on an entire beach watching the sun rise with lines in the water. My advise to all the other women out there is to "Quit ya *****in' and tag along"

HAPPY FISHING & TIGHT LINES
NANCE <@>>>>>>><
Old 01-28-2004, 08:39 AM

In other words if ya can't beat 'em join 'em. The peace and solidarity that nature has to offer are worth the trip alone. Never mind the stress relief. My husband has only gone once without me and that was because the greenheads were so nasty I refused to go.

NANCE <@>>>>>>><
Old 01-28-2004, 09:10 AM

Go get em Nance!

Learning to be happy is both hard and simple. All the Best to you both!!
Old 01-28-2004, 09:27 AM

Thank you driftwood! We are happy. Even though we are poor. Maybe I should write a book huh?
I apoligise for posting 3 times on this but I have yet to learn how to edit posts. I have a message for Mrs. D~~ You might think about updating your book and releasing it again, you just might be surprized as to how well it would do now! I have lots of female surfcaster friends!!! I'm sure a lot of the guys out there might be interested too, after all I read the Frank D books I don't see as how fishing is gender related.

NANCE <@>>>>>>><
Old 01-28-2004, 09:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Frank Daignault:
No, Driftwood, that not the front door, that the Ladies Entrence.

The book is _Surf fishing with the Experts_, Reina and Muller and Joyce contributed a chapter in it. i think tht book is out of print. I can't find a publication date in my copy but in hardcover it was only $12.95 so it had to be back before panty-hose.

The 53 percent increase is easy: Years ago one woman in a hundred fished the surf. Now two in a hundred or is that a 100 percent increase?

The industry has sought to encourage women in fishing for a long time because it is where the greatest potential lies. It has been succesful with golf but many of the outdoor pursuits are slow in female acceptance. Hunting? forgetaboutit. Though Momma J loves, loves to hunt and kind of waits through the rest of the year. I yield the floor and look forward with interest.

__Frank__
You got it Frank. The New England Journal of Medicine says exercising the brain keeps Alzheimer's in check for a few years.
I don't like to mention Titles without your perm.My first read. An yes I was wearing panty hose covering my face when I stole it for $12.95 Hardcover. Your right I couldn't find a publication date in mine or I would of used it for a hint. Did Mrs. D autograph yours she did autograph mine.
It could use a rewrite for today and maybe pub. in some mag. I sure there're lots of ladies out there who only need a little encouragement. I buy the mag and read it again. What would you call that a new rope for an old dope. No new money for an old rope. "Surf fishing is a war and the battle is renewed every night." Woolner
Old 01-28-2004, 10:30 AM
SS/Veteran

quote:
Originally posted by keeperless:
I apoligise for posting 3 times on this but I have yet to learn how to edit posts. HAPPY FISHING & TIGHT LINES
NANCE <@>>>>>>><

At the bottom of your post there is a picture of an eraser click on that.

I didn't see any redundancy in your posts. Good posts. I have been thinking about trying to get my wife involved because I thought she might enjoy the surroundings just like you said. I took her bridge fishing once she didn't like that. She likes to go out on a boat but her attention span is about an hour and then she wants to go in.Surf fishing might work out better. I don't think I will get her out at night though.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:05 PM

I bought Surf Fishing With the Experts in the 1980s, and it wasn't "hot off the presses" when I got it. The Nauset breach was in the winter of 1987 and Frank's chapter on fishing Chatham Inlet predated the breach.

There was a follow-up book titled "Surf Fishing for Stripers and Blues" by Muller without Reina, and my edition was published in 1991.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:06 PM

Surf Fishing for Striper and Blues front cover Captian Jack and the other face looks very familiar.
Yes teach back on the subject:
DeeJay fish the Point, the southside I'm sure you have fished along side some good female surfcasters. Excuse me Miss thats my rock. Beat it mister find another stone!! Just kidding.
You don't park in the top lot to fish the front without having a good teacher.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:41 PM

Drift you just totally lost me on that maybe a private thing?

NANCE <@>>>>>>><
Old 01-28-2004, 09:22 PM

It's a Lawn Guylan thing--youse wouldn't unnerstand, capice?
Old 01-28-2004, 09:30 PM

Ya capice. Don't care. K? When ya get ta fishin up heya I hope moah people feel like helping ya!
What I want ta know is why Frank hasn't answered me.

NANCE <@>>>>>>><
Old 01-29-2004, 07:27 AM
Writer, Hunter, Surfcaster

Nance, answered you about what? Maybe I hurried too much. sorry. Come back?

Frank