Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments - Complaints & Help

Comments - Complaints & Help Please use this Forum for Comments, Complaints, Questions, Suggestions and/or to report to Glitches. If you need Non-Fishing HELP this is the place to ask.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:54 AM

Default potential email hack

Hi guys this is for the moderators.
Got this in my spam the other day, Ill be changing my email on this site.

looks like a phising thing to me to get folks's personal info. The email they sent had an attachment as well. I did not open it.

Date: 2016-06-08, 18:17:56

Subject: Re: stripersurf

on Jun 8, 2016, at 2:37 AM, Kellen Lee wrote:

This matter is about the brand name stripersurf another company applies to register,please forward it to your company's leader. Thanks!

Dear President&CEO,

We are the organization specializing in network consulting and registration in China.On June 6. 2016,a applicant named Mr. Tony Song from RING Enterprise Co., Ltd wants to record and register the brand name stripersurf and some domains by our office.

After our preliminary review and verification,we find RING Enterprise Co., Ltd has nothing to do with your company. But If you have permitted this company to apply these names, or you think the application will not damage the interests of your company,please allow us to fulfill all the registration for RING Enterprise Co., Ltd. If you against the company's application,please let me know by email ASAP.

Best Regards,

Kellen Lee

Manager of Registration department
Address:98 Shanghai Ave,Hefei 230001,China
Tel: (+86) 0739-5266069
Fax+86) 0739-5266069

Notice: Regarding the Domain name dispute and registration case, we did not receive any of your reply until now. Concerning the mentioned Domains names and Brand name please confirm whether you need to register those names by yourselves? If need, please let us know in time, we can send an application form to you. If you think the registration of that company or the use of following domain names will not bring any negative effect to your company, I suggest you can give up these domain names, then we will accept that company application unconditionally. Further questions please contact me in time.

Best Regards

Kellen Lee

Manager of Registration department
Address:98 Shanghai Ave,Hefei 230001,China
Tel: (+86) 0739-5266069
Fax+86) 0739-5266069
Old 06-13-2016, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Default Re: potential email hack

This is the first I'm hearing anything like this.

I don't know how you would consider this a email hack.
It was sent to your email, not from your email.

Also your email host picked it up as spam which tells me your not the only one getting spam from the sender.
Just because it had the word "stripersurf" doesn't mean it came from this site.

Have you checked what ever you use for a key logger or virus?