Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Maine & New Hampshire

Fishing - Maine & New Hampshire Maine & New Hampshire Fishing Reports and Information

Old 09-01-2004, 11:12 PM

I have been fishing for stripers in the Hilton Park area by boat and was checked out by the Fish and Game this weekend. All checked out cause we had no fish. They said fishing has been really good in the Great Bay. I am going to try and launch at Chapman's Landing in Newfields and head up to the Bay. Does anyone know which spots I should hit on the bay for the striper's? Guy at Suds n Soda said around Adams point? Any other info/spots would be great as I am not to familiar with the bay. Thanks
Old 09-01-2004, 11:12 PM

I have been fishing for stripers in the Hilton Park area by boat and was checked out by the Fish and Game this weekend. All checked out cause we had no fish. They said fishing has been really good in the Great Bay. I am going to try and launch at Chapman's Landing in Newfields and head up to the Bay. Does anyone know which spots I should hit on the bay for the striper's? Guy at Suds n Soda said around Adams point? Any other info/spots would be great as I am not to familiar with the bay. Thanks
Old 09-03-2004, 09:29 PM

Hi. I'm from Hampton, and usually fish Great Bay and its inlets and skinnywater during the Spring Herring Run. But I rarely venture out that way after that. When I do though, we usually launch from Chapmans Landing as well, and fish the old railroad trastle out there. Also have luck under the 95 bridge.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:46 PM

any good spots to fish from shore?
Old 09-08-2004, 06:25 AM

When we went out on Labor day we saw 4 guys on the railroad tresile. Also saw a few people on the dock from Great Bay Campground trying there luck. This was the only people we seen fishing from shore, saw a few boats but not many. We did get one keeper out by Adam's Point. Not bad for the first time on the Bay. I will be out there again this weekend. Reminds me of a lake, it is so flat out there.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:03 AM

Spots to fish from shore are hard as far as I know. Alot of the land is private.

You can fish from shore in the rivers during the Spring Run though But I'm not too keen on giving out my fave Springtime spot hehehe