Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Maine & New Hampshire

Fishing - Maine & New Hampshire Maine & New Hampshire Fishing Reports and Information

Old 08-09-2004, 03:50 PM

My family and i are spending the week in Pine Point. Has anyone fished the area recently? what have they been hitting? any easy access to the Scarborough river from the Rte 9 area? can you fish from the town landing? any action on the beach? Any pointers are welcome.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:50 PM

My family and i are spending the week in Pine Point. Has anyone fished the area recently? what have they been hitting? any easy access to the Scarborough river from the Rte 9 area? can you fish from the town landing? any action on the beach? Any pointers are welcome.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:55 PM

Shoot me a p.m. and I'll share what I can. That area is my home water.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:47 AM

I've had luck off the beach with sandworms, on a fishfinder rig. Scout out areas of interest at low tide, and fish these on the incoming/outgoing tides. You will find them with a little patience. If its during the day good luck, it gets a little busy.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:27 PM

thanks mono-e-mono. my next question is how do i rig a sandworm? do you just feed the nasty thing the hook? thats what ive heard. what size hook should i use? any weights or just float em' along?
Old 08-15-2004, 03:58 PM

Skunked, I put a sliding swivel on a line, and a snap swivel tied to the end. On the sliding swivel I put usually a 2 ounce pyramid sinker. On the snap swivel I put on a snelled hook (5/0 usually). This allows you to pay out line, or have a bass pick it up without feeling resistant. The sandworm I hook through the mouth, I try to let the pinchers come out and thread up through the body. This will keep the worm on the hook. If I'm floating in a current, usually use a sliding egg sinker on the line and a swivel with a snelled hook, this gives you some casting weight and brings you a little deeper. Good luck!
Old 08-30-2004, 05:39 PM

thanks for the tips...
i did manage to hook one schoolie and bring it in to have a look...
caught it off the jetty on the outgoing using a clam chunk....
the locals were all saying the same thing....
"boy it was great last week, shoulda been here then"...
boy if i had a nickel for everytime i heard that...
going out to Rye later this week to fish on the rocks (watch the ocean is more likely what i will end up doing)