Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Off Road 4 X 4 - Beach Buggies

Off Road 4 X 4 - Beach Buggies SUV's, "Beach Buggy" Vehicles, Equipment and Getting Stuck

Old 05-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Moderator, Team SS

Default Nissan Owners FYI

If your service engine soon light comes on, and your fuel gauge seems out of wack, you have a bad fuel sending unit.

I have a 07 Frontier and this just hapened at 40,000 miles and aparently this is a problem with a lot of Nissan's, they have service bullitens out for a number of vehicles for this problem. Of coarse it does seem to become a problem after the 36,000 mile warranty is up, and was quoted a price of $597.00 to fix it .

Tell the dealer you will pass on the repair and just be mindfull of the miles you drive between fill ups. You know this is a problem their has been a TSB sent out on the problem and you will contact Nissan directly to make a complaint and open a ticket. 20 minutes later I got a call back saying they spoe with Nissan, and they will fix the problem under warranty .

If they dont call back be sure to call Nissan, do a google search theirs hundreds of stories of how people got them fixed free of charge.

It just me that Nissan hasn't fixed this problem thats been around for awhile on their own.

Heres a copy of the Titain/Armada TSB

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau
Old 05-23-2009, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Nissan Owners FYI

I had the same problem with my 2004 Frontier and it was covered under a recall. Boy did it suck when it went,I was northbound on the GSP in heavy traffic in the middle lane and just died. They started to go back and forth with me on the repair bill after I told them I know there is a recall on it but did not have the time to get it taken care of yet. They were still going back and forth with me and I told them to hold on a minute while I called Nissian,they stopped me and said they will cover it.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:40 PM
SS/Insider

Default Re: Nissan Owners FYI

I had my fuel pump replaced on my 06 Fronteir and so did my buddy with his little x- nissian. Both were covered under warantee. yup bad parts.