Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Maine & New Hampshire

Fishing - Maine & New Hampshire Maine & New Hampshire Fishing Reports and Information

Old 09-02-2010, 04:04 PM

Arrow Old Orchard Beach??

Hey Guys, I just moved to MD a year ago and my GF is finishing school I am moving her into a house in old orchard beach and would like to go out fishing. Will I have any sucess on the beach by Bay Ave? OR should I go North or South? I dont need to catch stripers I am looking to catch a few fish so my GF stays interested. It looks like Scarborough River might have some fish, should I fish the inlet?

How about by Porter RD there is a little inlet there are there any fish? How about by Saco River inlet? Can we Walk on those rocks safely?

If anyone is around and looking for a fishing buddy let me know?
Thanks,
Walt
Old 09-03-2010, 08:00 AM

Default Re: Old Orchard Beach??

You must mean ME and not MD. I'm on the Kennebec and love to fish. Want to come up and try your luck?
Old 09-03-2010, 04:56 PM

The Saco River is a better bet than Goosefare Brook. The rocks on the jetty at Camp Ellis are laid flat for about half the distance out. I vividly remember stumbling back over the irregular rocks out at the end with a 12' rod and two big bluefish some years ago! The Kennebec is great, you should take KRR up on his offer.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:54 AM

You will catch stripers quite readily on the beaches, and nowadays probably some blues too. The saco river is definately worth fishing too. Check out Saco Bay Tackle on Route 1 for advice and tackle... great guys!

http://www.sacobaytackle.com/

Good luck!
Old 03-15-2011, 11:41 PM

I live right next to it and grew up there. Some sweet fishing if you want to put in the time to learn it. A couple rock piles and rivers at both ends plus Goosefare brook in the middle. Saw a 61lber come out of it on a worm as a kid. The guy landed a couple other nice fish there that night.Not a place to be underestimated. Ron
Old 03-19-2011, 07:24 PM

Default Old Orchard Beach Striper

You can surf cast for stripers just north of the OOB pier heading to Pine Point. You now must have a license I hear.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:30 AM

Freshwater fishing license covers your Striper fishing. All of the spots mentioned will catch fish.....good luck