Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Policy Discussion ....

Right now they seem to be aiming into the temple. The foot only cripples them.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:02 PM
SS/Veteran

When you see what a newspaper can do to someone you can understand why people lack confidence. Sooner or later all of us will be victimized by the exaggerations imposed upon the innocent. Simple precept: when they print a story, is it true. If it includes a stretch or approximation that makes it a better story at the expense of the person written about, then it is unfair but the press believes it sells papers.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:54 AM
Senior Fellow

Our public works association decided that we should seek some publicity and use our annual equipment show as a catalyst. We invited a local press operation that published a number of local newspapers. The goal was to explain to the public everything public works does, oft behind the scenes, to serve the community without fanfare. Yes, just doing their jobs but very important ones.

Anyway out comes this young lady who writes an article emphasizing the money spent on "fancy equipment" and the fact that the association was made up primarily of middle aged white guys. Sort of like we were a private, exclusionary country club. It was true and understandable that in a county with 95% white population we were mostly middle aged white guys. We dropped the publicity committee from our future initiatives.

"You fish --- then you die --- or you don't fish and die anyway --- your choice"
Old 05-20-2018, 10:42 AM
SS/Veteran

Good example, Al. You can bet that reporter was grinding an ax from some other situation and was just waiting for a chance to stick ya. Of course the war between consumer and press grows more hostile as the number of transgressions pile up.

You know what kills the press? My lawyer told me, "don't talk to them." They need copy and quoting you is copy.
Old 05-20-2018, 03:30 PM

Newspapers from front to back. Tragedies, Scandals, Crimes ( real ones), Opinions, Adverts, Arts and Entertainment ( the stories that didn't make the Scandals cut ) and some real arts and literature, then Sports. Almost every paper on the planet. I think they have it almost backwards, not quite, close.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:39 PM
SS/Veteran

The newspapers have the most to gain from doing it right. I mean it is the business they are in. You would think they would get it right. You know what really gets my ash? This constant pot shotting of Trump. Stopped interpreting his every move negatively. Its not that I am a Trump supporter. I just don't want thought police in my life. I'm not stupid.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:25 PM
SS/Veteran

I have deliberately put up some controversial threads -- hunting, NRA. My reason for this is to interject some conversation about issues of the day.

We have already beat striper fishing to death, though pulling up an old thread or introducing a new one is always welcome.