Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:49 AM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: Outdoor Art -- Surf and Otherwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
3 more submissions, 9" X 9" mixed media -water color, pen & ink, colored pencils Smallmouth Bass, Walleye & Brown Trout.
I've just been going back and looking at some of the submissions over the past month. I really like these. The idea of mixed media is appealing. I've used it a little and Therese is beginning to use it frequently.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Outdoor Writer
Outfitter
SS/Platinum

I took this one at Watch Hill in 1998 - Processed it myself, back before digital when I had my own darkroom.

This one, I took out the back window, 2008. "November Roost"
Old 07-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Writer, Hunter, Surfcaster

I wish I were at liberty to put them up but there are going to be some knock out photos in the new Hot Spots books. Still, this thread is tough to compete with.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:02 PM
SS/Veteran

My Secret Fishing Hole. "The Point" , Buxton, N.C.

MULE.
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 PM
SS/Veteran

Mule,
There are 20 fishermen in that photo you are sharing your secret spot with. Now they will probably call you a spot-burner.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:19 AM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagoonguy View Post
Mule,
There are 20 fishermen in that photo you are sharing your secret spot with. Now they will probably call you a spot-burner.
Bill, there have been as many as a 100+ of us crowded together at that same spot when the Drum were in. Most of us work together and hardly ever is a harsh word spoken. The protocol is just understood. Now further up on the North Beach, Ramps 23 through 38, most stay 50 to 100 yards away from another fisherman. It's just something we've learned over the years.

MULE.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:37 AM
Senior Fellow

Mule,

I'll see you at 23 --- I CAN still see 50yds!!! This is the typical "crowd" at 23.

Cheers,
Attached Images

"You fish --- then you die --- or you don't fish and die anyway --- your choice"
Old 07-28-2010, 06:44 AM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestsquid View Post
Mule,

I'll see you at 23 --- I CAN still see 50yds!!! This is the typical "crowd" at 23.

Cheers,
FINE Picture AL. Be a good backdrop picture.

MULE.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Senior Fellow

Steve,

I have a reverse pic of a rough sea with at sunrise with a sport fisherman just beyond the bar that an artist is using to paint a glass for my mantel clock.

My friend used a 200 year old Seth Thomas wooden movement and built me a new clock. It took me a year to decide what I wanted for the glass and now this nice artist gal is reverse painting it --- and adding a fisherman.

If I can find it I'll send you a copy. It has the entire deal --- sunbeams, breakers, listing boat.

I also have some dynamic pictures of waves hitting the stone walls around the harbor in the my mom's hoometown on Cornwall, England. 50-60 footers crashing into the walls, the cliffs and spraying over the rooftops. Although I don't care for being on the seas in those conditions I find few things more awesome or more beautiful.

I have made the bad judgement to sit out a hurricane at our Salvo cottage --- and it was a breathtaking experience.

"You fish --- then you die --- or you don't fish and die anyway --- your choice"
Old 07-28-2010, 11:21 AM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestsquid View Post
Steve,

I have a reverse pic of a rough sea with at sunrise with a sport fisherman just beyond the bar that an artist is using to paint a glass for my mantel clock.

My friend used a 200 year old Seth Thomas wooden movement and built me a new clock. It took me a year to decide what I wanted for the glass and now this nice artist gal is reverse painting it --- and adding a fisherman.

If I can find it I'll send you a copy. It has the entire deal --- sunbeams, breakers, listing boat.

I also have some dynamic pictures of waves hitting the stone walls around the harbor in the my mom's hoometown on Cornwall, England. 50-60 footers crashing into the walls, the cliffs and spraying over the rooftops. Although I don't care for being on the seas in those conditions I find few things more awesome or more beautiful.

I have made the bad judgement to sit out a hurricane at our Salvo cottage --- and it was a breathtaking experience.
I look forward to them, AL.

MULE.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Senior Fellow

Mule,

Here's the one that I sent for my clock glass. The artist is going to add the surfcaster. These sunups are my favorite pics. Means you are around to see another one and with luck you have another day in paradise!!!
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2010, 03:59 PM

I've been collecting a long time and now have a ton of stuff..too much in fact...I'm moving most of it out of here..rule of thumb is you have to like it before you buy it..
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2010, 05:17 PM
SS/Veteran

Those are very nice.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:28 AM
SS/Veteran

A few days ago I sold one of the first acrylic paintings I posted here, "Surfcasters at Emerson Rocks".

So, I painted another similar of the same subject and dubbed it "The Surfcasters" and here it is. This one's larger, and acrylic on a 14"X18" stretched canvas and unframed.

Last edited by lagoonguy : 09-24-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagoonguy View Post
Those are very nice.
Thaks..the Undercover trout is actually one off by John Rice..I have three more one of a kind by John