Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Old 11-08-2015, 03:29 PM

Default Waders

My cheap Proline waders are now leaking. Time to upgrade. I heard LLBEAN gives a lifetime warranty. Is that true? Recommendations appreciated.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Waders

Yup, do a search on here, you won't be disappointed.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:30 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

x2... llbeans warranty can't be beat.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:28 AM
SS/Veteran

Ll bean. I am on my 4th pair in 4 yrs, only because I beat them up. You might think, they only last a year, not good, but I get 100 days a year fishing. My problem is that I am a size 12 boot, but am 5'8" and a 12 boot is ment for a 6' person, so I got a few inches of wader tucked into the boot with sand everytime I am in the wash. That's where the wader leaks eventually. But, with a garrentee like they have, you just send/bring them back and get new EVERYTIME!!!. Went to freehold two wks ago on a Saturday, they didn't have my size, ordered them and had them Monday afternoon.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:27 PM

I go though about a pair a year my self. Many different brands.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:01 PM

I didn't think I could spend on LL Bean so I got the simms breathable bootfoot. $120 I think. 3 years old and still comfy.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:27 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Gibbons View Post
My cheap Proline waders are now leaking. Time to upgrade. I heard LLBEAN gives a lifetime warranty. Is that true? Recommendations appreciated.
This is a great week to make a purchase, should be able to do 30% off w/ free shipping

I do have LL Bean full wader for cold water & Patagonia waist wader for summer stream fishing .
Old 04-07-2016, 08:10 PM

+1... I have a set of light summer LL Bean waders i got at their outlet store for like $70. Paired with a nice set of Patagonia boots and LL Bean slip-on microspikes you can't go wrong. The lifetime warranty is nice. A year in they began leaking around the butt seam, LL Bean replaced at no charge. Also offered a gift card for the full cost of the waders, in case i wished to upgrade to a better pair. Still hard to beat bootfoot neoprene duck hunting waders for early spring and late fall fishing though. I would never want to wear them in the summer, however. LL Bean breathable stockingfoot all the way.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:11 AM

LL Bean is the way to go! No questions asked lifetime warranty! The waders are usually not in stock in the store so they will return them and put the money on a gift card. You have to tell them to check on the computer and see which LL Bean store has the waders in stock, they will then call them and order them and have them shipped to your house. Most of the time you will not even pay shipping as they will include shipping on the return.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:07 AM

LL Bean no longer offers a lifetime warranty. One year only. See statement from Chairman below. Still an excellent choice for a wader.

A Letter to Our Customers,

Since 1912, our mission has been to sell high-quality products that inspire and enable people to enjoy the outdoors. Our commitment to customer service has earned us your trust and respect, as has our guarantee, which ensures that we stand behind everything we sell.

Increasingly, a small, but growing number of customers has been interpreting our guarantee well beyond its original intent. Some view it as a lifetime product replacement program, expecting refunds for heavily worn products used over many years. Others seek refunds for products that have been purchased through third parties, such as at yard sales.

Based on these experiences, we have updated our policy. Customers will have one year after purchasing an item to return it, accompanied by proof of purchase. After one year, we will work with our customers to reach a fair solution if a product is defective in any way.

This update adds clarity to our policy and will only affect a small percentage of returns. It will also ensure we can continue to honor one of the best guarantees in retail, with no impact for the vast majority of our customers. To learn more, please view our full return policy at llbean.com.

L.L.Bean has stood for quality, service, trust, and getting people outdoors ever since my great-grandfather founded our company over 100 years ago - and that will never change. Thank you for being a loyal customer and we look forward to continuing to inspire and enable you to Be an Outsider.

Sincerely,
Shawn O. Gorman
L.L.Bean Executive Chairman
Old 03-14-2018, 07:50 AM

Thanks for the tip!