Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 11-09-2017, 07:05 AM
SS/Veteran

Default Spots no stripes

We had some rain for a few days & the water is @ a nice level & flow .on the Ramapo where weather was a perfect fall day chilly temps , no sun ,no wind plenty of fish on Euro Nymphing style . I much prefer to toss a streamer but its not what they wanted . Finished the day up @ Streams of Dreams rt 17 Upper Saddle river for a good tune up casting lesson w Jon using my New Orvis Helios 3 8w ready for the winter Fla. in Tampa . I'm always good to go back with a experienced teacher to get those bad habits / kinks out . If your looking for a teacher go there . The new knee is coming along & my energy level is increasing every week . Being ready for Reds , Snook, Jack Crevalle so as long as the chop & cold temps stay moderate . Plan is : Ft.DeSoto / Manatee River . Demo a few boats down there this summer but come to the conclusion I don't want to get back to maintenance & bs of boating again been there done that many x's going to stick w/ the guides let them drive & I can fish more , walk off the boat & go have a cold brew & fish taco on the beach bar .
Old 11-09-2017, 08:58 AM
Senior Fellow

Default Re: Spots no stripes

agree on the boat thing; had one when my daughter was young but as a teen my wife ruled that "sell the boat and go out with guides/Captains"; right again....again;
Old 11-11-2017, 04:21 AM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwrubel View Post
agree on the boat thing; had one when my daughter was young but as a teen my wife ruled that "sell the boat and go out with guides/Captains"; right again....again;
sent you a pm
Old 11-11-2017, 07:29 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Sounds Great, Hook. Glad to hear that knee is strong again (if you can wade the Ramapo, you're doing very good )

If I didn't share a boat with my brother in law, I wouldn't have one. It's just enough between the two of us, though he does most of the maintenance, I kick in as well. Usage wise, it makes it worth it.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:43 AM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
Sounds Great, Hook. Glad to hear that knee is strong again (if you can wade the Ramapo, you're doing very good )

If I didn't share a boat with my brother in law, I wouldn't have one. It's just enough between the two of us, though he does most of the maintenance, I kick in as well. Usage wise, it makes it worth it.
thanks , I had prepared pre op plenty of exercises great surgeon HSS in Manhattan . On the river was 1/2 hour fishing then rest 20 min then back to casting about 2 hours was plenty knowing I was going to a casting lesson for an hour . Having a boat w/ family is great takes some of the work to share if you got a good partner . In my younger days my partner knew motors more than I so I learned a ton from one of the best marine motor guy & he always out fished me too. No side image machine just had to read charts & fish like hell & keep your mouth shout about your catches , the guys & the Atlantic Highland Land marina would have the spy glasses on us constantly
Old 11-11-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookI View Post
...., the guys & the Atlantic Highland Land marina would have the spy glasses on us constantly
Lol, seagulls
Old 11-11-2017, 05:52 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
Lol, seagulls
seagulls Ha Ha
Old 11-11-2017, 07:21 PM

Most important shore technique is a side swipe to set the hook, close to the water or sand, never up inthe air
Old 12-24-2017, 04:07 PM
SS/Veteran

Yesterday's inaccurate weather report had an window opening , so today was yesterday 12/24 12pm -2pm Ramapo river my buddy pull one Brown on a Nymph & I got the NJ fresh air . great to get out again