Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 07-06-2017, 02:07 PM

Default Re: July & August Fishing Reports 2017

Loaded up on porgies > 10" (a lot of smaller ones mixed in on this trip) and then when we had enough we went and did a little wreck exploring. Nice mixed catches of triggerfish, blackfish, black sea bass, ling, porgies and some big ocean pout to keep things interesting.
Name:  IMG_20170704_172319.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  108.6 KB
Old 07-06-2017, 07:09 PM

Thanks Yard, hope you had a good 4th too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayyaker View Post
My fluke season so far has been dismal, I am glad the "young guns" have been picking up the slack.
I'm a lot older than I look and feel even older after a few all nighters on the rocks!
Old 07-06-2017, 09:08 PM

Mine is not a salt report but I haven't been out in a long while...my wife had a big surgery early June and had some complications so we have been working on getting her recovered..I hit a local neighborhood pond for two hours so I can stay close to home and scratch an itch...caught a mixed batch of 2 suns, 6 catfish, and 3 LMB...cats and bass were all about a pound on an unweighted gulp minnow texas style...not as much fun as walking the beach but it was something nice to do...I'm hoping to get back in the salt game soon...hopefully get a couple trips in before the summer slows down even more than I've heard the fishing has already been..I already got the green light for a no questions asked fish whenever you want fall so ill probably be sleeping in my truck a lot
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2017, 06:40 AM
SS/Veteran

West Central Florida last week picked this Cobia 29" off the beach Pass A Grille one am MirrOLure greenback twitch bait & bunch of small Snook MirrOLure C17 pro eye / surface Walker glow .
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2017, 09:44 AM
Senior Fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettyjmpr View Post
Mine is not a salt report but I haven't been out in a long while...my wife had a big surgery early June and had some complications so we have been working on getting her recovered..I hit a local neighborhood pond for two hours so I can stay close to home and scratch an itch...caught a mixed batch of 2 suns, 6 catfish, and 3 LMB...cats and bass were all about a pound on an unweighted gulp minnow texas style...not as much fun as walking the beach but it was something nice to do...I'm hoping to get back in the salt game soon...hopefully get a couple trips in before the summer slows down even more than I've heard the fishing has already been..I already got the green light for a no questions asked fish whenever you want fall so ill probably be sleeping in my truck a lot
Jetty..A fish is a fish so nice work and best wishes to your wife for a quick full comeback
Old 07-07-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
hoping for a speedy recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookI View Post
West Central Florida last week picked this Cobia 29" off the beach Pass A Grille one am MirrOLure greenback twitch bait & bunch of small Snook MirrOLure C17 pro eye / surface Walker glow .
nice!
Old 07-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Senior Fellow

reports fro IBSP say big blues were back; can anyone confirm this; if so, I am taking a trip
Old 07-07-2017, 10:05 PM
SS/Veteran

.Had an hour to kill after work stopped by a spot in NoMoCo on the way home..730 till 845..went 3 for 4 on little bass using sand crabs in the wash...smaller fish..biggest was about 20in dropped 1 in the wash that was better looked about 24in..not bad for an hour...

Nice reports guys a fish is a fish in my boom fresh,salt, North south...lol..
Old 07-08-2017, 06:44 AM
SS/Veteran

1 about 20in!
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2017, 10:46 AM

Thumbs up Re: July & August Fishing Reports 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookI View Post
Very nice Hook! Did it end up on the grill?
Old 07-08-2017, 12:40 PM

Moco Dawn patrol out front. Incoming tide with waist high swell and clean white water. Caught half a dozen short flat ones and saw many more caught by a fellow fisherman on white buck tail and white gulp. Some swim bait observed being spit up by the short ones.
Back at it later.
Old 07-08-2017, 04:48 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunka bullsht View Post
Very nice Hook! Did it end up on the grill?
Thanks
No the Cobia is short I think it's 33" from the fork but are fantastic eating fish & Snook are out of season thought I would get a few large females just small males chasing mullet / greenbacks Did get a couple of Jacks on top water a lot of fun watching them hit from the rear . I had two shots @ Tarpon but no takes . I'll be back end of August . For a couple of weeks .
Old 07-08-2017, 08:18 PM

Hit that pond again today picked up 6..bass was about 2-2.5lbs by my size guess ...mother in law will be taking my boy swimming tomorrow and wife is getting around much better...we are almost out of the woods...so I'm taking the kayak out tomorrow for bottom dwellers...more reports to come...nice catching folks wherever you are fishing at... and the updates... you guys all keep me motivated
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2017, 07:20 AM
SS/Veteran

^^^^ great to hear the Mrs is getting better . Thanks for sharing
Old 07-09-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Hit that pond again today picked up 6..bass was about 2-2.5lbs by my size guess ...mother in law will be taking my boy swimming tomorrow and wife is getting around much better...we are almost out of the woods...so I'm taking the kayak out tomorrow for bottom dwellers...more reports to come...nice catching folks wherever you are fishing at... and the updates... you guys all keep me motivated
Nice fish! Hoping all gets much better for you asap.