Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Massachusetts

Fishing - Massachusetts Massachusetts Fishing Reports and Information from the Plum to the "Race"

Old 04-18-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Herring cove

I heard from a friend that Herring cove parking lot was washed out. I'm going down to work on a few cottages first week of May and will look around . Does anyone know how the beaches are after this storm?
Old 04-19-2007, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Herring cove

A real mess- Chatham has a new break- that may be permanent- haven't heard about P-Town yet- the CCT is going to have something about the storms damage today.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Herring cove

Was down at Race Point today... Was not too bad. Hatches is open now. Speaking to a ranger that said that the pole line route was flooded with 2-4 feet of water last week but is open now. The north side is open more this week than last week. About 1.5 miles. The south side is nice, open to the dune tour road, like it normaly is this time of year. There appears to be alot of erosion to the dunes from the storm but the beaces look nice. Rich at Nelsons was told that there is alot of bait in the water but I didnt see any. There was alot of birds working quite a ways out but over all there is not too much damage to the Race Point beaches. From Hatches harbor I did see cars parked at Herring Cove.

It wont be long now.... The herring were at the run at the ditch...

Jeff