* Golf balls are like eggs ~ they're white. They're sold by the
dozen ... and a week later you have to buy more.
* A pro-shop gets its name from the fact that you have to have the income of a
professional golfer to buy anything in there.
* It's amazing how a golfer who never helps out around the house will
replace his divots, repair his ball marks, and rake his sand traps.
* When you stop to think about it, did you ever notice that it's a lot
easier to get up at
6:00 a.m. to play golf than at 10:00 to mow the yard?
* Golf is by far the ultimate love /hate relationship. Sometimes it seems as
though your cup runneth and moveth over.
* It takes longer to learn good golf than it does brain surgery. On the other
hand, you seldom get to ride around on a cart, drink beer and eat hot dogs
while performing brain surgery.
* A good drive on the 18th hole has stopped many a golfer from giving up the
* Water hazards are no walk in the park for fish, turtles, frogs or gators
* Golf is the perfect thing to do on Sunday because you always end up praying
* A good golf partner is one who's always slightly worse than you.
* That rake by the sand trap is there for golfers who feel guilty about
skipping out on lawn work.
* If there's a storm rolling in, you'll be having the game of your
* If your opponent has trouble remembering whether he shot a six or a seven,
he probably shot an eight.
* You probably wouldn't look good in a Green Jacket anyway! A sweatshirt
will do just fine!
* Golf appeals to the child in all of us. This is proven by our frequent
inability to count past the number 5.
* It's a simple matter to keep your ball in the fairway if you're not
choosy about which fairway.
* If profanity had any influence on the flight of a ball, most everyone would
* The greatest sound in golf is the Wosh, Wosh, Wosh, of your opponent's
club as he hurls it across the fairway.
* A recent survey shows that of all jobs, caddies live the longest. They get
plenty of fresh air and exercise, and if there's ever a medical emergency, a
doctor is always nearby
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.
Education does not guarantee intelligence.
Prepare for the worst and you won't be disappointed.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Golf wisdom||neverrude||Margaritaville||1||04-25-2008 09:39 AM|
|More GOLF....GOLF....GOLF stuff||crawdad_flipper||Margaritaville||10||01-24-2008 09:43 AM|
|Golf...Golf...Golf||neverrude||Margaritaville||2||01-14-2008 11:03 AM|
|Best Golf Story EVER||crawdad_flipper||Margaritaville||0||06-28-2007 09:11 PM|