Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 07-19-2015, 05:21 PM

Default Re: July 2015 Fishing Reports

Fished sh today 6am-12 got 6 shorts my dad got 1 all under 13inches we got bit more by the black flies than the fluke but atleast we didn't get skunked only thing we could get bites on was double riged white gulp on a plain hook working it slow
Old 07-19-2015, 09:59 PM

Howdy gents..... Figured I'd post my first post when I had something to report....

My 15 yr old son caught his first door mat today off the South Jetty at Barnegate Light.... 6lbs 6oz 27" we also had a few shorts to 17 1/2"

Also earlier this week out of BI (7/14) casted for some cocktails to warm up then started the drift......2 keeps to 20" Had a dozen + 17 17 1/2 and 17 3/4 fish Also a bunch of keychain models.....

Today hit out front of Surf City, if I was making a salad I would have been set...lettuce every cast..... Caught the skunk today
Old 07-19-2015, 10:23 PM

Welcome Bailey, beautiful fish your son caught. There's a great group of guys here with a wealth of knowledge. If I can offer a suggestion, please don't name specific spots. A lot of people read these reports and nobody wants a mob of new friends casting on top of them, specifically the guys who fish there regularly. Trust me it's no fun. If you need to give a name just do the county.

Hope I'm not being out of line here if I am I apologize
Old 07-19-2015, 11:13 PM

Not at all sir, thanks for the heads up!
Old 07-19-2015, 11:46 PM
SS/Veteran

Congratulations on the door mat, i'am still looking for a surf flattie that size, I think I lost one about that size last week, but I don't want to think about it. Welcome to the site.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:05 AM
SS/Veteran

Welcome Baily! And nice fish!! Definitly keep it to just the county its better for everyone ....I got out yesterday from 6am till 11(would have stayed longer but it was googan central all over )...Managed to find 7 fluke up to 17in had to work for them and do some walking....All i could get them to hit was the GULP 3in shrimp in nautral color..And every fish was right at the drop...Saw a few schools of small blues out of range and what looked like some snappers here and there in the wash...still looking for a keeper ...Hopefully it gets better soon with the arrival of some small snappers!..

Yesterday was definitly"everyone and ther mother go to the beach day" place was mobbed all down Ocean ave was backed up when i was driving home...Glad im a Mom Co resident now would not have wanted to be in the traffic yesterday afternoon!!
Old 07-20-2015, 10:20 AM

Spent Sunday morning fishing from a kayak in RB...usual spots ...similar report as last week...caught 6 shorts and one keeper at 20"...6.40am to 2PM...there were several other kayakers...very hot humid day...almost no breeze...very slow bite...caught almost all the fish in the morning ...thought that it might get better after high tide at 11AM...but it did not...water temperature varied from 75 to 81F...there were bunker everywhere... tried live bunker too but no takers
Old 07-21-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by computeruser View Post
Spent Sunday morning fishing from a kayak in RB...usual spots ...similar report as last week...caught 6 shorts and one keeper at 20"...6.40am to 2PM...there were several other kayakers...very hot humid day...almost no breeze...very slow bite...caught almost all the fish in the morning ...thought that it might get better after high tide at 11AM...but it did not...water temperature varied from 75 to 81F...there were bunker everywhere... tried live bunker too but no takers
Spoke to some friends that were on the RB Sunday. Their report was word for word what yours was, bite died on the out going, and bunker everywhere
Old 07-21-2015, 04:32 PM

Late report, from a boat no less... Was out for the RB fluke tourny on saturday, ended up with 5 keepers, big fish at 6.6 lbs. not good enough to place. I can definitely confirm adult bunker everywhere balled up on the surface in most places. A few pods with busting fish, not sure what they were. Saw a good handful of leaping sturgeon also.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:51 PM
SS/Veteran

Bunker snagging the line and black flies nawing on anything not covered not a fun afternoon. Did manage four short fluke. The peanut bunker run should be epic with all this bunker around. The noseeums were no where to be found, I think the black flies ate them. It was bad out there, don't know how anybody could lay on the beach.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:29 AM

Long time no post. I havent used my Rod and Reel since last fall. I would like to break it out soon for some fluking action.

Can anyone offer some advice on the easiest way to carry GULP! around without stinking up everything or having to carry a bulky container? Thanks in advance and tight lines.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:48 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

get double zip lock bags (the kind that have the zipper) and get a Gulp that itself is a ziplock package. Then a bottle of gulp juice can keep them "fresh".... alternatively just use the double zip locks with gulp from one of the bulky containers
Old 07-22-2015, 12:09 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeyes237 View Post
Long time no post. I havent used my Rod and Reel since last fall. I would like to break it out soon for some fluking action.

Can anyone offer some advice on the easiest way to carry GULP! around without stinking up everything or having to carry a bulky container? Thanks in advance and tight lines.
Tupperware makes a smaller container with a screw top similar to the GULP containers but smaller and a better seal thats what i use if the top is put on right it never leaks and is much less bulky...

Report from yesterday headed S of my usual area lately by some hard structure..fished 6am till 830am managed 12 flatties 2 that were measured by both 17in..the rest in the 14-16in range had some bait around along with some snappers chewing tails...White mullets on the teaser got them..Picked the wife up after and enjoyed a nice day on the beach with her!! It was a good day off ...She is still hounding me for a keeper
Old 07-22-2015, 12:55 PM
SS/Veteran

boat guys are smacking very large SB every eve. not so far off the shoreline N moco bunker pods w/ Humpbacks making the feed out of reach for the surf casters
Old 07-22-2015, 01:58 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin420 View Post
......She is still hounding me for a keeper
it's tough living with a meat-hunter... I know