Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 07-11-2015, 12:10 PM

Question raritan river?

Just moved from long island to the piscataway area and have fished mostly little ponds around here. I have a bit of experience with hudson river fishing and the long island sound especially. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on fishing the raritan (bloodworms, cut bait, any decent areas to fish). The research I have done has shown that there are occasional stripers in the raritan but I really just want to have some fun!

I bought my license earlier this month so hopefully the fish gods will shine brightly on me.

Thanks!
Old 07-11-2015, 11:29 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: raritan river?

First, welcome to the site. Great bunch of guys here. Don't know how many guys fish the fresh water up around this way. I haven't fished fresh in years, but, I am around it. First, are you fishing land, in a yak or small boat? The bass will chase bunker all the way to the route 1 bridge in the spring. I know you can catch fresh water fish from New Brunswick all the way up to. Also, don't overlook the del-Raritan canal that runs parallel. Also, another go to spot is farrington lake the stretches East Brunswich, Millown, north Brunswich. I haven't fished freshwater in years, but I am sure the fish are still around. The Raritan is still affecected by the tides up past New Brunswick. I think you need the licience past Rt.1 bridge, not sure. A yak would come in very handy, especially in Farrington lake. Like I said, don't know how many guys fish it, hope you get some better input than mine. Good luck
Old 07-14-2015, 01:03 PM

Default Re: raritan river?

Thank you for that! I am limited to shore fishing but I do have my fw license woohoo! I'll keep on fishing my areas and post when I can