Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Old 02-03-2003, 01:37 PM

When using a teaser is it better to attach it with a dropper loop or have the two lines come out of a barrel swivel. Also, should I stick to soft plastics or will small bucktails work as well.
Old 02-03-2003, 01:37 PM

When using a teaser is it better to attach it with a dropper loop or have the two lines come out of a barrel swivel. Also, should I stick to soft plastics or will small bucktails work as well.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:09 PM
SS/Veteran

I use to just loop the teaser through the dropper loop. It was easy, and it worked. However, I was corrected on this. Now, this is how I do it.....

Either, I tie my leader on to the barrel with a palomar, leaving a long tag end, and then on the tag end, tie a loop knot OR I tie the dropper loop. However, I tie a separate leader onto my teaser, and then I tie a loop knot to the small leader from my teaser, and connect the two loop knots.

Go to Bob's "how to" section of this website for detailed instructions on how Bob does it.

Don't limit yourself to plastics. Try flies, like deceivers or clousers.