Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Delaware & Maryland

Fishing - Delaware & Maryland Delaware & Maryland Fishing Reports and Information

Old 01-15-2000, 10:18 AM

This trip was before new years day

TH

Here they are guys. Pictures from our trip to the CBBT. All of the daytime pictures were of fish released. The evening pictures were the ones we kept. The fish are feeding heavily on sand eels right now. A 7" albino Bass Assasssin on a 1oz. jig was the hot ticket!

Has anyone tried a pearl Red Gill? Do they work? I'm thinking that they should be pretty awesome....

[This message has been edited by thill (edited 01-15-2000).]
Old 01-15-2000, 10:18 AM

This trip was before new years day

TH

Here they are guys. Pictures from our trip to the CBBT. All of the daytime pictures were of fish released. The evening pictures were the ones we kept. The fish are feeding heavily on sand eels right now. A 7" albino Bass Assasssin on a 1oz. jig was the hot ticket!

Has anyone tried a pearl Red Gill? Do they work? I'm thinking that they should be pretty awesome....

Old 01-15-2000, 10:26 AM

Here is an interesting little excerpt from our trip...

We were doing so well, with continuous triple headers, that several charter boats tried to run us away. They ran so close to us that we could literally touch their boats from ours. We just grinned and kept bring the fish in one after another. They were starting to really look bad as their customers watched us with continuous triple-headers while they caught almost nothing trolling those big, horrible bucktails. Since the fish were feeding on sand eels, they were not interested in those ugly things.

The smart captains knew when they were licked, and got out of there to fish in less embarrassing waters, but one of them chose to try to tell me off.

"YOU ARE RUINING EVERYTHING!!!!" HE cried out. "You are ruining all of the fishing!"

Steve replied that the fishing was not only not ruined, but it was GREAT!

"No, no....you are messing up EVERYTHING!!!"

Since we were anchored on the far end of the tunnel, I asked the captain if he knew that the tunnel ran all the way from the 3rd island to the 4th? There was no need to fish where we were since we "were ruining the fishing."

His customers started laughing and he turned beet red. "I'm not here to talk to...to...YOU." he said in his most insulting tone, and he turned his boat to leave.

We just laughed and laughed as we reeled in yet another triple header. I wanted to remind him that he had started the conversation, but why rub it in?

Anyway, we had a wonderful day. Wish you all could have been there.

TH