Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Off Road 4 X 4 - Beach Buggies

Off Road 4 X 4 - Beach Buggies SUV's, "Beach Buggy" Vehicles, Equipment and Getting Stuck

Old 03-18-2008, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Fuel Prices

I hear it will be $4 by Memorial Day, and close to $5 by labor day. The wall street sharks are sinking their money into commodities now that the real estate market blew up thanks to them .

Don't be surprised if oil is trading at $150 a barrel buy July due to this. Look at the precious metals. Gold is $1000 an oz. It is time for all of the incumbents to get voted out of office. Watch how quick this crap goes down.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:51 PM
SS/Veteran

Jumped on Diesel @ $3.93 today. Actually smiled when I got a bargain from $4.19 a gallon. Joe.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:36 PM

Diesel is $4.29 here. I have a 40 gallon tank in the truck so thats about $171.00. It usually takes me about 2 tanks give or take to get down and use the truck there. That includes driving the island and in and out of town for the 2 or 3 days. I'll need another 3/4 tank to get home so thats another $129.00. $300 in fuel for the truck for a weekend at IBSP? I doubt that I'll be taking the family and camper much this year. I have a suburban that is in great shape and its really just a local truck and I'm tossing the idea of trading for a toyota pick-up to travel in to fish.

Time to scale down.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:35 PM
SS/Veteran

I just made a deal w/ my brother to use his Jeep Grand Cherokee for IBSP this year. It's a lot better on gas than my Dodge Ram Right now I'm at about $90 a tank for my truck and I've had to limit my driving to work & local errands. At least with the Jeep I can get my IBSP pass and still get my fishing in for the season.

If gas goes over $4, I'm buying a hybrid

Member - Jersey Shore Surfcasters
Old 04-09-2008, 12:08 PM

A barrell of crude oil is up again today another $2.+ and is sitting at $110.+
Gas up in Conn. & RI over the weekend was as high as $3.39 a gallon..

It could get really out of hand come summer..

I myself am serioulsy considering cutting out my trips up and down the coast if it gets much higher..I spend my time fishing between Ocean County and Cape May County and runs in the middle of the night to OC then back might not be in the plans as I will stay close to home instead.
And trips to IBSP will be well thought out before hand to key in on the prime-time periods and conditions...

And think about this,, we very well might find a bunch of new surf-caster's on the beaches this year from alot of the boater's that are basically already planning on keeping their rigs in drydock because of fuel prices...
Old 04-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Senior Fellow, Team SS 04/05/06/07/08 / Forum Member Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGHT STRIKES View Post
And think about this,, we very well might find a bunch of new surf-caster's on the beaches this year from alot of the boater's that are basically already planning on keeping their rigs in drydock because of fuel prices...

Yeah but they wont show up until the sun rises...

Have you clicked on the Google banner today? C'mon...you know you want to.

I'm not just a Fishermen, I'm the fishin magician!
^^^Unauthorized signature edit by grumpy old men.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N View Post
Yeah but they wont show up until the sun rises...
So true Frank,,
Many times I am heading out of the park and the convoy is coming in....
Old 04-13-2008, 08:30 AM

It's tough to swallow but I'll do it. At 4.00 a gallon it's about 130 to fill my truck. I have a 38 gal tank in my '08 F250 but I can get over 500 mile on the highway. Towing the boat drops it a little and it's only 16 feet.

Jeremy
Old 01-03-2011, 08:04 PM

We want to get off foreign oil. We are making the Arabs rich buying their oil. In this country we have more oil than all the Arab countries combined. The tree huggers and fools like Obama are determined not to drill for it. Our oil Companies cannot drill in the Gulf, but the Mexicans are soon to start.
Obama and friends like the crap made out of corn and wind power that cannot be stored. Both methods are very expensive and that corn crap is more dangerous to our enviroment than gas. Economists predict that by 2012 gas will be up about 5.00 a gallon. These Washington Democrats don't care one bit about the American people. They have their (liberal) political agenda and to hell with everyone else. Obama is a stupid fool and so is any person who voted for him and still thinks he is the greatest. Maybe when we are all over taxed and over burdened by government and unable to live the American dream people will wake up and see the forest through the trees.
God Bless America, We Need It.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:19 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

ok so what is your truly environmentally safe method for extracting our oil?

fracking our ground water seems pretty irresponsible.