Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Massachusetts

Fishing - Massachusetts Massachusetts Fishing Reports and Information from the Plum to the "Race"

Old 04-08-2000, 11:15 PM

I was wondering if there are still any boat rental facilities in or around Quincy Bay
Old 04-08-2000, 11:15 PM

I was wondering if there are still any boat rental facilities in or around Quincy Bay
Old 04-12-2000, 10:58 AM

Last weekend I went to Hurley's Boat Rentals in Hough's Neck, Quincy. They weren't open and by the looks of things, they weren't going to be open anytime soon. You may want to try calling them.

Please let me know if you do find a place that rents boats in Quincy.

Later,
Mike
Old 04-19-2000, 03:13 PM

25 years ago we used to make the trip to Quincy Harbor for winter flounder fishing. We used to go to Hurleys I believe to get our fish cleaned for 10 cents apiece. The fishing back then was incredible and had been for many years. Groups would rent buses to take them there. Can anybody comment as to what it's like there now. I imagine the good fishing there is a thing of the past. Thanks, Max.
Old 04-19-2000, 09:47 PM

The flounder fishing 25 years ago in Quincy Bay was an event for everyone to join in. Hurly's boat yard at Hough"s Neck was a happening place. WE did not need to have a boat to catch all the flounder you could carry home. The beaches all around the harbor were execellent and all one needed was bait and a rod and reel. The large scale removal of fish and pollution of the habitat resulted in the area to become like a ghost town. The harbor area is now getting clean again and maybe with conservation measures in place Quincy might become the flounder capitol once again. I do know of another rental place located in Hull that rents boats. It is at the opening to Hull GUT. The Coast Guard has a station their and it is across the street from the Hull High School. The rental area is very close to the same area that the boats from Hurly"s fished. I will try to get a number if you are planning on doing a trip. ANGLER
Old 04-20-2000, 11:28 AM

Angler,
Thanks for your reply. No trips are planned. I just wondered if Quincy Harbor fishing went down the tubes like so many other good places to fish. Thats true about not needing a boat. I used to catch quite a few from the docks at Hurleys while waiting for my catch to be cleaned. We used to make the trip from R.I. Back then it was probably the best place in America to catch winter flounder. You could catch some nice tautog and a few cod there also. Ahh, the good old days, Max.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:14 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: Quincy Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by angler View Post
The flounder fishing 25 years ago in Quincy Bay was an event for everyone to join in. Hurly's boat yard at Hough"s Neck was a happening place. WE did not need to have a boat to catch all the flounder you could carry home. The beaches all around the harbor were execellent and all one needed was bait and a rod and reel. The large scale removal of fish and pollution of the habitat resulted in the area to become like a ghost town. The harbor area is now getting clean again and maybe with conservation measures in place Quincy might become the flounder capitol once again. I do know of another rental place located in Hull that rents boats. It is at the opening to Hull GUT. The Coast Guard has a station their and it is across the street from the Hull High School. The rental area is very close to the same area that the boats from Hurly"s fished. I will try to get a number if you are planning on doing a trip. ANGLER

Hey "Angler", I am Capt. Jason and I post on the "Ask Frank" section all the time. I run a charterboat that specializes in "Quincy Flounder"! Check out www.littlesister1.com , I'm sure I can answer your flounder questions about how things are here and now (I am excited to see my reply is only 9 years late!)............JC
Old 03-06-2010, 04:34 AM

OK.. I will try to find some rental boat and will inform you if got any...
Old 05-06-2010, 01:21 AM

he flounder fishing 25 years ago in Quincy Bay was an event for everyone to join in. Hurly's boat yard at Hough"s Neck was a happening place. WE did not need to have a boat to catch all the flounder you could carry home. The beaches all around the harbor were execellent and all one needed was bait and a rod and reel.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:36 PM
SS/Veteran

Only three weeks to the 1st flounder trip of 2013!
617-755-3740
www.littlesister1.com