Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Massachusetts

Fishing - Massachusetts Massachusetts Fishing Reports and Information from the Plum to the "Race"

Old 04-11-2014, 06:41 PM

Exclamation Stripers in Lawrence MA

I'm brand new to striper fishing but I am planning to go to the Lawrence dam and fish for them. Have any of you ever fished there? I would also like to know when they will most likely be coming up the river so I know when to fish for them. Any additional tips are much appreciated. Thanks!!!
Old 05-04-2014, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Stripers in Lawrence MA

Fishing in Lawrence is highly dependent on the Herring spawn. Without large numbers of Herring, the stripers will not go all the way up river. If they are present the best approach is top water lures because of the rocky bottom (you will get snagged). Enter from the left just before the dam coming from RT. 28 north. Park and enter at the boat ramp/pavilion and fish along the rip rap between bridges. Cast as far as you can across the river, in other words 90 degrees to the bank and pop the lure back. Fishing between the railroad bridge and the dam is not allowed. They usually start showing up the first week in May.