Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 10-20-2018, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Sept. & Oct. 2018 Fishing Reports

I even cach them on top water, believe or not.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:20 PM
SS/Veteran

What a difference a day makes 4 dink?s for me tonight on teasers Last night the moon was covered, tonight, not a cloud in the sky
Old 10-21-2018, 01:05 PM
SS/Veteran

Looking forward to a epic Halloween, I have a costume for my magdarter
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2018, 03:06 PM
SS/Veteran

Me and Hemi made the ride to visit you guys today. One dink. Tried the ?Bayyak? darter but when the cast landed at my feet I knew we would need to throw heavy😳.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:25 PM
SS/Veteran

[quote=DonLBI;2435804]Me and Hemi made the ride to visit you guys today. One dink. Tried the ?Bayyak? darter but when the cast landed at my feet I knew we would need to throw heavy😳.[/QUOTE
20-30 in your face is the place, if only you could reach the water.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:38 PM

Moco: 8am to 11am. Out in the front with an outgoing tide and heavy NW winds. On the trek out a few dozen early birds were coming in due to the windblown sand. It didn't look very promising, let alone with a fly rod, but the good idea fairy whispered: " What would Bayyaker do? " Enough said!
The pilgrimage head on into the sand continued and I had a beach to myself and proceeded to catch four short ones with stripes on a Lefties Deceiver pattern. If I could keep the wind and waves from lifting the sinking fly line and taking it south I could hook up. Several spin fishers on the way out thought that the guy with the "fairy wand" was crazy and just snagged until they saw what was really happening. A lot of work, but good a time was had.
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2018, 06:57 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarddog View Post
Moco: 8am to 11am. Out in the front with an outgoing tide and heavy NW winds. On the trek out a few dozen early birds were coming in due to the windblown sand. It didn't look very promising, let alone with a fly rod, but the good idea fairy whispered: " What would Bayyaker do? " Enough said!
The pilgrimage head on into the sand continued and I had a beach to myself and proceeded to catch four short ones with stripes on a Lefties Deceiver pattern. If I could keep the wind and waves from lifting the sinking fly line and taking it south I could hook up. Several spin fishers on the way out thought that the guy with the "fairy wand" was crazy and just snagged until they saw what was really happening. A lot of work, but good a time was had.
you are doing very well sir ! full sink line is very hard to get out small presentations CATCH ! yes wind is a PITA
Old 10-21-2018, 07:15 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarddog View Post
A quick story I was plugging one day, just me and a fly fisherman out there, I wasn?t getting a tap on the plugs, he was banging the bass on the fly every Cast and I was next to him I switched the twisted dropper around and put a weight in front on the dropper and trailed a small teaser 3 feet behind ripping it along the bottom, game on. Tiny bait in the wash, they were keyed in on that. Don?t EVER underestimate the lip at your feet.and matching the hatch.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayyaker View Post
Oh, deer!
Old 10-22-2018, 08:52 AM
Senior Fellow

out early down south; 40 degrees with very light west; ocean flat as a pool table; beautiful sunrise; no activity from the birds....or the fish; really felt like Fall
Old 10-22-2018, 10:39 AM

For a change went surf fishing to SH on Sunday morning...strong winds were getting even stronger as the morning progressed...it was difficult to cast since the current and the wind were going parallel to the shore...a lot of people standing around and waiting for albies to show or any signs of bass ...it did not happened at least while I was there...7am to 10am...did not catch anything and did not see anybody else connect...I was puzzled to see several fly fishermen trying to cast a fly into heavy winds gusting to 40 mph...
Old 10-22-2018, 11:40 AM

If Sunday is the only time you can go, you go no matter the conditions. You can find a way to deal with the wind. That being said, there does come that time where you realize it's futile.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:28 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayyaker View Post
what the heck type of skull is that... from one of the Joisey Devil's descendants?
Old 10-22-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
what the heck type of skull is that... from one of the Joisey Devil's descendants?

As I said, Oh, Deer!
Old 10-22-2018, 03:24 PM
SS/Veteran

A button buck