Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 10-07-2018, 09:01 AM

Default New to area &IBSP

Moved down this way about 2 years ago. IBSP is about 15 minutes from home. Beautiful beach, dunes, kind of like Sandy Hook's big brother. Pretty cool seeing the dolphins offshore.

I read the Admin's articles on IBSP and having been a former avid surf fisher decided to reup and give this area a try. Checked out the places mentioned, 2 Bit Road, Fisherman's Walkway, etc. Very helpful. Was disappointed to see access to Inlet required a 4x4. Drove the 10 miles to end of the road, saw the kayak launch area.
I referenced Google Earth and saw some sandy beach at different locales on the bay side but could not find any access paths or roads.

So, I am only assuming here that people use the 4x4's to patrol the beach looking for fishing action. I also saw the ATV dealers on the approach to the bridge on 37, is it for the beach drivers?

I get it that 3 local tackle stores need to keep interests up with their reports.

So I fished at 2 Bit Road about 10 times, all tides, times and weather all through September for a total of 3 snappers and one battle with biting flies.

I am really hoping IBSP lives up to the hype. I mean all these tricked out 4x4 trucks with rod holders and ice chests I see are for good reasons.

Is it just to early, today is Oct. 7, for this Fall Run I keep reading about or it just hype?
Old 10-07-2018, 01:25 PM

Default Re: New to area &IBSP

Well, 23 reads, no responses.
That about sums it up.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:22 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfScout View Post
That about sums it up.
Just do a site search plenty of info here
Old 10-07-2018, 03:54 PM
Senior Fellow

it' early; Fall run is not here yet; we have all caught a lot of bass in the Park and surrounding areas, including some memorable blitzes; relax and give it some more time; a do read some sites about the Park for locations and seasons; Fall run is still in the future
Old 10-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
That about sums it up.
When you saw 23 reads/views most of those numbers are from Bot's looking for new information to add to there search engines.

As for your original question IBSP is no different then most of the shore line anywhere in NJ. All area's can produce Fish at one time or another.
You just have to know the area your fishing for the best time of the season for the fish your targeting, then - -> tides, light, wind direction holes, sand bars...

The only thing that makes IBSP special is the ability to fish and drive on 24/7 365 days a year.

A15 and A21 are the 2 roads to access the back side.
As for ATV on the beach.
The fall run hasn't started yet and when it does most times in runs until late December unless we get arctic temps/snow fall.

----------------------------------------------------
Untied we Stand
Divided we will Fall!
Old 10-08-2018, 11:38 AM

my 2 pennies, keep reading the older posts here like the others said and nothing builds your info better than getting out to multiple spots and watching the signs, mother nature, and fishing

Good luck
Old 10-09-2018, 07:11 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

My advice is to find out what type of vehicle Jess has, and follow it.

Sorry for the digression as I can't add anything to IBSP fishing...

Just sayin'
Old 10-11-2018, 11:51 PM

Quote:
That about sums it up.
I?m in the same boat bud. New to surf fishing but trying hard to learn. Been there a few times recently. Caught a blue and a short stripe. Willing to listen and learn. Read all the posts and articles too. If your looking for company on the beach hit me up. I may not know a lot but I have a lot of interest. And willing to share what I?ve learned/seen.

M
Old 10-12-2018, 08:30 AM
Senior Fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck22 View Post
I?m in the same boat bud. New to surf fishing but trying hard to learn. Been there a few times recently. Caught a blue and a short stripe. Willing to listen and learn. Read all the posts and articles too. If your looking for company on the beach hit me up. I may not know a lot but I have a lot of interest. And willing to share what I?ve learned/seen.

M

read the posts; check the articles; ask questions here....and hit the beach; wear a wader belt and don't turn your back on the waves
Old Yesterday, 04:25 AM
NJBBA, Capt. Team SS, SS/Insider, SS/Platinum

"I also saw the ATV dealers on the approach to the bridge on 37, is it for the beach drivers?"

N0. 4WD only. Licensed, inspected, insured vehicles.