Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 11-13-2018, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018

If I am boring you, please, let me know...Monday, western LIS on kayak ...6am to 4pm...good weather forecast "forced" me to take a day and go fishing...group of 4 on multiple kayaks!!!
The whole bay was place of non-stop bass blitzing followed by the birds..it was relentless...there was no time that I did not see a cloud of birds working somewhere ...you could see bass swirling on the top, diving under the kayak...they were chasing schools of peanut bunker...not very large fish in general...caught about dozen and half up to 26"...when I got tired of chasing them around I went tog fishing to rest a bit...a bite was slow early on but it picked up around 10 am...6 tog keepers between 16.5" to 19"...one of those nice November days.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph C. View Post
I'm going to take a walk out to the tip this morning for the noon high tide and will be very alert for those tsunamis. Thanks for the reminder.
It looks like it's going to be wet and windy, but if it were nice I'd have to work. I hope the fish don't mind the weather.
IT doesn't rain under water
Old 11-13-2018, 01:27 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
I'm going to take a walk out to the tip this morning for the noon high tide and will be very alert for those tsunamis. Thanks for the reminder.
It looks like it's going to be wet and windy, but if it were nice I'd have to work. I hope the fish don't mind the weather.
Joe, check your pm?s
Old 11-13-2018, 05:36 PM

Just curious has fishing this fall been extremely slow in the OC, IBSP area? Even though I'm 1000 miles away I still periodically check reports etc... I've noticed the B&N website has barely had any video weigh ins the entire fall. Could be people are more tight lipped about what they catch than they used to be but it did strike me as unusual. Either way the action has to be better than SW FL, red tide has the fishery shut down here. For those of you who don't know what that is, trust me you don't want to.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:40 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

That red tide situation is tragic

A lot say it every year "it's late"... but it really is this year. The 2 weeks of summer at the beginning of October really screwed things up in our neck of the woods, but migration is happening, of course, just a matter of big girls being in close.... or not.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
That red tide situation is tragic

A lot say it every year "it's late"... but it really is this year. The 2 weeks of summer at the beginning of October really screwed things up in our neck of the woods, but migration is happening, of course, just a matter of big girls being in close.... or not.
That's true. December can be a very productive month if water temps cooperate. I honestly had no knowledge of red tide before I moved down here. It really is a problem and must be killing the tourism industry for those who depend on it.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:06 PM

And the report...
22 shorts up to 25" on the good old BT / curly tail, with my 7' Tsunami Slimwave serving most excellently. 5 doubles! I fished almost 4.5 hours and my shoulder would have given out if I'd tried to cast for that long with the 10 foot rod I had with me. The wind was cranking from the NNW, but with fish hitting I surely didn't mind. I left just after 4:30 with fish biting, and there were 6 or 8 guys still fishing. Waves were rolling in hard from the ocean and the bay, making it real important to watch what was going on around me.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:24 PM
Senior Fellow

Joe C...sounds like a great day...congrats to you
Old 11-14-2018, 07:32 AM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
And the report...
22 shorts up to 25" on the good old BT / curly tail, with my 7' Tsunami Slimwave serving most excellently. 5 doubles! I fished almost 4.5 hours and my shoulder would have given out if I'd tried to cast for that long with the 10 foot rod I had with me. The wind was cranking from the NNW, but with fish hitting I surely didn't mind. I left just after 4:30 with fish biting, and there were 6 or 8 guys still fishing. Waves were rolling in hard from the ocean and the bay, making it real important to watch what was going on around me.
I must have just missed you, did we pass on the sand, did I ask you if you saved me some.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by computeruser View Post
If I am boring you, please, let me know...Monday, western LIS on kayak ...6am to 4pm...good weather forecast "forced" me to take a day and go fishing...group of 4 on multiple kayaks!!!
The whole bay was place of non-stop bass blitzing followed by the birds..it was relentless...there was no time that I did not see a cloud of birds working somewhere ...you could see bass swirling on the top, diving under the kayak...they were chasing schools of peanut bunker...not very large fish in general...caught about dozen and half up to 26"...when I got tired of chasing them around I went tog fishing to rest a bit...a bite was slow early on but it picked up around 10 am...6 tog keepers between 16.5" to 19"...one of those nice November days.
Boaring us, HELL no.
Zoran, I love your LIS kayak reports. Unfortunately another year i didnt get back out there so i live vicariously thru your reports.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Dave View Post
Boaring us, HELL no.
Zoran, I love your LIS kayak reports. Unfortunately another year i didnt get back out there so i live vicariously thru your reports.
Thanks...well, there is still time...there may be another trip or two in this season before it shuts down
Old 11-14-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwrubel View Post
Joe C...sounds like a great day...congrats to you

Thanks, Bill! I was thinking of you down there in the sun as I slung my BTs into the gale.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayyaker View Post
I must have just missed you, did we pass on the sand, did I ask you if you saved me some.

I was the guy in the neon yellow and black rain coat. I was walking out just after 4:30, I think. Anyway, I was driving out the parking lot a couple minutes after 5:00.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:35 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
I was the guy in the neon yellow and black rain coat. I was walking out just after 4:30, I think. Anyway, I was driving out the parking lot a couple minutes after 5:00.
I was on your left
Old 11-14-2018, 01:38 PM
SS/Veteran

Was that a trout rod you were using