Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 12-06-2018, 10:04 PM
Senior Fellow

Default Re: Fishing Reports for the rest of 2018

down in Vero; hitting beach tomorrow; today bought a Hobie Mirage 12 ft yak; last years demo model at the store so price was right; reverse pedal drive; looking forward to lots of good fishing....now I need to find a way to get it to NJ in April; sounds like to schoolies have been keeping people happy...thank you sand eels
Old 12-07-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
today bought a Hobie Mirage 12 ft yak
Pro Angler? Nice! Good luck with the new yak.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwrubel View Post
down in Vero; hitting beach tomorrow; today bought a Hobie Mirage 12 ft yak; last years demo model at the store so price was right; reverse pedal drive; looking forward to lots of good fishing....now I need to find a way to get it to NJ in April; sounds like to schoolies have been keeping people happy...thank you sand eels
Paddle it up?
Old 12-07-2018, 02:46 PM

Anyone have thoughts about how long this schoolie action might last?

Work and such looks like it will curtail my ability to get to the beach for a little while, but I sure would look forward to making my last beach run Not A Skunk.

Also, what about fish in the bay, like behind IBSP? Are they all moved up front or away?
Old 12-07-2018, 05:01 PM

Fished SH the last 8 days. First 5 were great fishing, last 3 trips not a tap,go figure. I'm heading South.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:05 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph C. View Post

Work and such looks like it will curtail my ability to get to the beach for a little while, but I sure would look forward to making my last beach run Not A Skunk.

Also, what about fish in the bay, like behind IBSP? Are they all moved up front or away?
I remember blaze catching rats into February, also, don?t know when you plan on fishing the back but the bay?s and river are closed 12/31 for stripers, I don?t know how strict the rangers are at the hook, but the tip (false hook) is actually in sandy hook bay. The line runs from Brezzy Point to the SH lighthouse, if we want to get technical
Old 12-07-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph C. View Post

You can't catch 'em unless you try. Looking ahead at the weather, looks like the trend may continue. Go fish them up.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:50 PM

Moco Outfront 3p to dusk cold NW wind flat textured surface with ankle high swell and on the fly. No luck using a sinking line and a conehead fly.
Just as it got dark there was activity just below the surface. Looked like striped ones chasing sandeels, but I was unable to hook up.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:43 PM

crossed the Mathis bridge in OC this morning and was rewarded with 3 small bass- all under 32" lol I was prepared for friged weather but it was rather nice out with 24 degree temps with no wind. I probably could have not used gloves but I didn't want to chance changing a good thing. Quite a few guys out but I didn't see one other fish caught although at the truck another guy said he got 2. I got 1 on a green tail ava and 2 on a yellow tail. It's not over yet, but close
Old 12-08-2018, 01:26 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basstard View Post
crossed the Mathis bridge in OC this morning and was rewarded with 3 small bass- all under 32" lol I was prepared for friged weather but it was rather nice out with 24 degree temps with no wind. I probably could have not used gloves but I didn't want to chance changing a good thing. Quite a few guys out but I didn't see one other fish caught although at the truck another guy said he got 2. I got 1 on a green tail ava and 2 on a yellow tail. It's not over yet, but close
Was in the same area this morning, NADA. Several hits but couldn't come tight. Came home, walked the dog to the beach--guy at the end of my street got 3
Old 12-09-2018, 06:17 PM

Moco Outfront from 3pm to dark. Calm clear water from the bottom of the tide to the beginning of incoming. On the fly with an intermediate line and a white and black deceiver. All quiet aside from the diving ducks cruising along.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:41 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarddog View Post
Moco Outfront from 3pm to dark. Calm clear water from the bottom of the tide to the beginning of incoming. On the fly with an intermediate line and a white and black deceiver. All quiet aside from the diving ducks cruising along.
good try anyhow!
Old 12-11-2018, 07:52 AM
SS/Veteran

Well it was a disappointing fall this year..with the exception of the last few weeks with the baby schoolies..We had our latest edition to the fam yesterday so safe to say I'm most likely done for 2018..Dylan Michael 20in and a healthy 8lb 1oz(wish all the 20in bass I caught past 2 weeks were that fat lol).Everyone is great, Mom and baby..and his big brother lol.Happy Holidays to all u guys on here and I'm sure there still be a few lil fiah lurking the wash till the new year...Maybe I can sneak out 1 more time
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2018, 08:43 AM
SS/Veteran

Congratulation and Welcome Dylan Michael!!
Old 12-11-2018, 08:49 AM

Beautiful Blaze. Congrats and best of luck.