Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > The Frat House > Computers, etc

Computers, etc Computers, Networking, Printers, Electronics, TV's, SAT Radio, iPods and why you too hate Microsoft.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:17 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Thumbs down Verizon ....

As bad as Comcast is, I have to say I'm pretty disgusted with Verizon right now.

Not the "service" per se, but the billing and related systems.

I had Verizon FIOS since Feb 11, 2007 and on December 15, 2007 I made the fateful decision to "upgrade" to Verizon Triple play, with a scheduled delivery date of Dec 31.... of course I expected that to be pushed out, and it was. After many calls (because I couldn't order the "triple play" using their online system, neither could their call center... their systems kept kicking them out just like the web interface kicked me out) I finally got the bundle ordered.

That has resulted in 6 months of trying to get the billing fixed, in addition to the 1 full month to even get switched over and tv/phone "up".

I never received a welcome email or packet for my voice service switchover even though they gave me a voice mailbox (I had to call the service center to find out the password once I heard the telltale "beeps" of a voice mailbox)

I've been trying every month since then to get all the "discounts" applied. They apply discounts to voice, then not to tv, or internet. Or have applied discounts to tv and internet, but not to voice. It keeps bouncing back and forth as they put change orders into their billing systems to apply the correct discounts.

I'm still getting billed by AT&T even though AT&T says they haven't received a transaction from Verizon disconnecting service. Verizon (correctly) states that my LD hasn't been on AT&T since Jan 10. The billing charges "left over" (since my service is running on Verizon's switches and network now) are
- Basic rate monthly charg
- In state connection fee
- Carrier cost recovery fee
- Universal Connectivity Change and lastly
- Bill Statement fee

AT&T only was able (per their rep) to credit back 2 months (out of the 5 I've been billed for thus far since I switched) and Verizon is claiming they've done "all they can"....

I lost it at a Verizon billing rep today. Lost it. Haven't blown my fuse like that in a long time and I'm still not done as she is trying to get someone from AT&T to jointly work on the issue. We'll see.

It's a runaround and I will never go through this again. If I ever was stupid enough to want to "upgrade" with some company it clearly would be best to disconnect all service and come in as a new customer.

I work with backend systems every day all day but unfortunately haven't worked in Verizon's
Old 06-17-2008, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Verizon ....

update: what I think happened is that when verizon manually switched me to the "triple play" package, their tech and/or system never kicked AT&T's billing system, even though I was switched into Verizon's network.

big mess, had a 3 way with AT&T/Verizon and myself.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:16 PM
NJBBA, Capt. Team SS, SS/Insider, SS/Platinum

I went through the same thing with them in January, except mine was Verizon and Direct TV bundled. I got Verizon to give me a lower rate for 12 months on the phone and Internet. The rep gave me another number to call and they took care of me. Direct TV wouldn't budge so I dropped them. I'd rather do stuff than watch stuff anyway.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:29 AM

hmmm, never heard of a direct TV bundle w/Verizon but that would've been interesting.

anyhoo, I'm afraid to look at this month's bill to see what (next) is messed up.

if they don't have it right, I think I'm going to cancel altogether.

For the record, the equipment and tv service directv offers is just better than verizon's, at least the M o torola boxes they gave me, and the software, doesn't hold a candle next to Directv's. The picture, including HD, is fine. Just wish they had a better vendor for the box.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:24 PM
NJBBA, Capt. Team SS, SS/Insider, SS/Platinum

Verizon has a stake in Direct TV. This was phone, Internet and DTV. The package I got was 2 levels higher than I asked for. I asked for the lowest level figuring that it would be easier to upgrade later. I'm blaming a commissioned salesperson, but I got this upper level package. The DTV rep told me there was nothing she could do. Later a supervisor told me that was wrong. They could give me the level I wanted. Too late. I already cancelled it.