Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:51 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: the pats

Being a Pats fan is a regional phenom. You should understand that. During a Pats game the highways around here all devoid of traffic. No parking spaces at the gin mills. Oh, sure, we have an occasional dessenter who roots for some other team for attention. You re always going to have that. New England, like Jersey, has its allocation of screwballs, often boat fishermen.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:39 PM
SS/Veteran

If the Eagles somehow find a way to win this football game, the parade will be the largest civic event in the history of the City of Philadelphia. It will make the last parade, after the Phillies won the World Series in 2008, look like a garden party.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:45 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

I have coworkers already telling me not to plan on *anything* productive happening at work the following week, should the eagles win.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:47 PM

here is one of the maps floating around depicting the rooting interests of the nation (there are a few variations, but you get the idea )

Old 01-25-2018, 09:03 PM

I just hope Gronk gets to play so that we can have both teams close to full strength.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:56 AM

Talking Re: the pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Daignault View Post
....Oh, sure, we have an occasional dessenter who roots for some other team for attention. You re always going to have that. New England, like Jersey, has its allocation of screwballs, often boat fishermen.
I like to think that they are conservatives in a mass of brain-washed liberals

(of course, j/k.... sort of )
Old 01-26-2018, 01:47 PM
SS/Veteran

I don't see that much politicks in football. In most cases fans follow the region in which they live. The only thing I have in common with Boston is support for the Pats. Some Boston cracker shoots his pusher and they round up the duck hunters for their guns.

I would support the Pats anyway but I enjoy how Pats management craps all over the liberal Boston press who they have by the nuts anyway because what is the Boston press going to do? Favor the Eagles? Trump may not be their president but the Patriots are their team. Don't be surprised if the Pats lose if some more store fronts get kicked in. That is what Boston does when things don't go their way.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:57 PM
SS/Veteran

What a send off was staged Monday AM when the Pats left for Minnesota. Thousands of fans, cheerleaders, muskets, fireworks, speeches. Globe sport pages, mostly free of politics, are full of interesting but irrelevant stories about Patriots players.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
here is one of the maps floating around depicting the rooting interests of the nation (there are a few variations, but you get the idea )

Not to be political but that map looks like the Reagan post tax reduction voting result, down to the exact state. Weird. If the weather were better on Sunday I'd go fishing, like any self respecting Giants fan. Not keen on the kneelers either.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
I don't see that much politicks in football. In most cases fans follow the region in which they live. The only thing I have in common with Boston is support for the Pats. Some Boston cracker shoots his pusher and they round up the duck hunters for their guns.

I would support the Pats anyway but I enjoy how Pats management craps all over the liberal Boston press who they have by the nuts anyway because what is the Boston press going to do? Favor the Eagles? Trump may not be their president but the Patriots are their team. Don't be surprised if the Pats lose if some more store fronts get kicked in. That is what Boston does when things don't go their way.
So how do you think Philly fans will react to losing to the Pats again...with class and dignity?
Old 02-02-2018, 03:00 PM

BOSTON (CBS) – “New England vs. Everybody” is more than just a shirt – it’s reality, according to a new poll.
A survey from Monmouth University finds that 37 percent of Americans are rooting for the Philadelphia Eagles to win Super Bowl LII, compared to just 16 percent who want another Patriots championship.
Furthermore, 39 percent said they are actively cheering for the Patriots to lose, while only 12 percent are explicitly against the Eagles.
When sampling just the northeast, the Eagles are still favored over the Patriots by 45 percent to 28 percent.
Overall, 39 percent of Americans say they will be watching on Sunday. But many don’t even care who lifts the trophy, as 49 percent say the commercials will be the most interest part.
The poll also revealed something about the reputation of both fan bases. Twenty-six percent said they’d be worried about running into Eagles fans in a dark alley, compared to 14 percent who would be nervous about the same encounter with Patriots fans.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:03 PM
SS/Veteran

spoke to a friend who lives in Camden a day or two ago , folks there are anticipating if the Eagles win the SB they will be viewing from the other side of the Delaware River many of the turned over cars set a fire in Phili by its fans a re -enactment of the 1964 riots .

what really matters to us here about this SB game is that out pool numbers match up & take home some cash . Probably fall asleep & find out the results on ESPN in the am.

Good Luck Chuck !!!
Old 02-02-2018, 04:32 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookI View Post
spoke to a friend who lives in Camden a day or two ago , folks there are anticipating if the Eagles win the SB they will be viewing from the other side of the Delaware River many of the turned over cars set a fire in Phili by its fans a re -enactment of the 1964 riots.
Nah, I think that things will be fine if the Eagles win. It will be celebratory, not nasty.

My worry is if they lose, it could get ugly.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:39 PM
SS/Veteran

I had the Bob Marsh post taken down at Bob's request because he was not permitted to edit it down when posting. Bob is a valued member who contributes regularly. We were just cleaning house. No big deal.

I had no idea that the SB game had the potential to generate violence. makes ya wonder if we are becoming a third world country. Store fronts, overturning cars????
Old 02-02-2018, 05:09 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
I had the Bob Marsh post taken down at Bob's request because he was not permitted to edit it down when posting. Bob is a valued member who contributes regularly. We were just cleaning house. No big deal.

I had no idea that the SB game had the potential to generate violence. makes ya wonder if we are becoming a third world country. Store fronts, overturning cars????
..not just SB Mr. D. in other sporting events Championship wins it seems the modern day Urban Pioneers are naturalists , they don't believe in burning wood in relation to preserving the environment of cutting down trees . Its best they torch the automobile that belongs to others . The Hippies of the 60's love children have raised some bunch . Beam me up Scotty this planet is F uped .